8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

SunriseChampion

Member Bio
Reaction score
Ok, first of all, I'd like to acknowledge the name "Beauce Boyz" as having been the creation of the one like @Videodrome.

I thought it was a dope name for a group of people who like what Max Bernier has to say.

I'm sort of one of them and I'd like to share an article from this morning that I thought partially illustrated exactly why I'm one of them.
For example, the following paragraph from the article also describes me pretty well:

In Britain the Liberal Party grew up in opposition to the entrenched power of the landowning elite. Under the banners of liberty and freedom, liberals celebrated free markets, freedom of thought and speech, and the growing power of the emerging middle class.

It's an article from CBC by Don Pittis and it explains why Bernier's ideas are typically liberal, in the classical sense and not anything new and scary.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/liberals-conservatives-people-s-1.4822178

canada2015.png

The Liberal Party of Canada is centre-right.

Thanks, it is one of my better creations! Also, how are the Liberals centre-right?

They aren't. That graph is insane

I agree. Maybe add ten more lines in each direction at least. The Conservatives are more economically right and authoritarian than the other parties (at least in recent years), but not by that magnitude.

I agree. Maybe add ten more lines in each direction at least. The Conservatives are more economically right and authoritarian than the other parties (at least in recent years), but not by that magnitude.

Definitely so, the chart needs to be split up socially and economically at the least.

Thanks, it is one of my better creations! Also, how are the Liberals centre-right?

I love it....and to answer your question: the perpetuation of the war on drugs alone makes them more illiberal than anyone who knows better.

They aren't, and I see them as parallel charts.

I would say that something like 8values is a better signifier of the political spectrum than the typical political spectrum chart, which reduces everything to a dichotomy.

Aaaah, I see. I fully agree. The false political dichotomy we are usually bombarded with does nothing to elucidate anyone's positions or worldview.

That was interesting. Whatever social liberalism is, apparently it speaks to me.

Back