News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

This will have about as much political capital as today's Bloc Québécois or Green's. Moderates and Centrists now feel more welcome in Scheer's CPC. Thanks Mad Max!

This will have about as much political capital as today's Bloc Québécois or Green's.

Aha! That's why it appeals to me then.....we all know that, for the most part, the least popular things in life are the best.

Do you honestly believe that logic?

Well, ask yourself, is Maxime Bernier not to the right of Scheer? If the biggest challenge the Conservatives have is shedding the far right from their ranks to appeal more to centrists this could just work. Full disclosure: I fully expect Trudeau to be reelected but it won't be by the "supermajority" of last time. Many Canadians feel too alienated by his performance thus far for me to expect otherwise.

Maxime Bernier explains what he means by 'extreme multiculturalism'

When Maxime Bernier quit the Conservatives to strike out on his own, he vowed his new party would tackle, among other things, "extreme multiculturalism."

Bernier sat down in studio this week with As It Happens host Carol Off to discuss his plan to create the People's Party of Canada, which he says rejects Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's mantra that "diversity is our strength."

I wish he was better able to express his ideas on the dangers of tribalism and moral relativism (which is the opposite extreme to moral absolutism), which is exactly what he's talking about. His English is pretty good, but I reckon he may be able to express that particular idea better in French.
I'd love to see an interview with him in French media.

The values he talks about are clearly defined by him though, so I don't understand the continued feigned confusion on the parts of journalists (or I do insofar as it is sometimes a barely concealed attempt at vilification and misinformation in the interest of sensationalisation)*. Our values are clearly respect for and adherence to our Constitution. It's a simple concept.

Whether or not he's making mountains out of mole hills in regards to the issue of respect for our values in the context of immigration is a good question to ask, but it does not negate the validity of asking for respect of our Constitution.

I fully agree with his ideas in regards to the respect of our Constitution and the dangers of tribalism, moral relativism, and moral absolutism.

* - this is, of course, different than suggesting that the media are biased against him as a matter of course.

Well, ask yourself, is Maxime Bernier not to the right of Scheer?

No.
Maybe.
What?

What does this mean? It's a rather ambiguous proposition, especially in light of any knowledge of Bernier's actual beliefs (as opposed to falsely attributed ones) and dependent on the meaning of "right" in this context. Scheer is a social conservative, for example. Bernier is most definitely not. Fiscally then?

As much as I don't like the Conservatives, Scheer, despite being a social conservative, is a huge Simpsons fan (and the show is created by a card-carrying Democrat from the Left Coast and the show attracting concern from some social conservatives in the United States):

Therefore, I can see the Conservatives aiming for fence-sitters as well.

As much as I don't like the Conservatives, Scheer, despite being a social conservative, is a huge Simpsons fan (and the show is created by a card-carrying Democrat from the Left Coast and the show attracting concern from some social conservatives in the United States):

Therefore, I can see the Conservatives aiming for fence-sitters as well.

If he was an Archer fan, then I could see your point.

Nay, even an Aqua Teen Hunger Force. No, Bromwell High. Nah, Adventure Time. You know where I'm going with this.

The Simpsons is the John Tory of adult cartoons.

If he was an Archer fan, then I could see your point.

Nay, even an Aqua Teen Hunger Force. No, Bromwell High. Nah, Adventure Time. You know where I'm going with this.

The Simpsons is the John Tory of adult cartoons.

I loved Bromwell High!

On topic, I see they are still doing polls excluding the Pee Pee party. They are a valid party now and should be included.

Last edited:
I loved Bromwell High!

On topic, I see they are still doing polls excluding the Pee Pee party. They are a valid party now and should be included.

Bromwell High is probably my favourite.

"...but Ms Dixon, tolerance is for gays".

"They call me the bicycle of the south".

"Mr Biiiib..." haahahaaa....oh man, best one series show ever!

Iqbal was the best!

https://twitter.com/TheAgenda/status/1044419971583901696

Bernier says that that white nationalists and other such deplorable people aren't welcome in his party. Tell that to his online following.

I'm pretty sure that is him telling his online following.

I'm not sure why some people are still misunderstanding the very clear and simple policy basis of the PP.

It's got nothing to do with oppression and hate.

Last edited:

Back