News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

(Which also reminds me of Doug Ford's “Do you really think when I walk down the street in Alberta people worry about Dean French?” )

At this 2019 point, if you're prone to participating in forums like this and haven't heard of the Soldiers of Odin, you're truly, stupidly sheltered. It's like participating in a future-of-Ontario-Place discussion thread and stating that "I have never heard of Eberhard Zeidler and same with most Canadians who are not obsessed with modern Canadian architecture".
I actually heard of the Soldiers of Odin. Mind you I wouldn't recognize their logo unless it literally spells out its name.
Anyway if you are going to get self righteous on this issue you should at least have the correct group in mind. the people in the Bernier pic were from the group called the Northern Guard. I have never heard of them and I am guessing you haven't since you skipped naming them in favor of the more famous group the Soldiers of Odin.

Well I'm sure Bernier has many Black friends. And probably a Jewish doctor and a Jewish lawyer - kinda like Doug Ford (probably no Jewish wife though).
That is pretty stereotypical. I am offended please retract and apologize.

There is no need to be an apologist for Maxime Bernier at this point. His politics are something you would see on 4chan and the PPC openly caters to extremists.

There is no need to be an apologist for Maxime Bernier at this point. His politics are something you would see on 4chan and the PPC openly caters to extremists.

And to be honest: whatever group they're part of, to apparently nonchalantly pose with people who *look and are dressed like that* ought to be enough to set off alarm bells these days. But from all appearances, Bernier had no problem...

And to be honest: whatever group they're part of, to apparently nonchalantly pose with people who *look and are dressed like that* ought to be enough to set off alarm bells these days. But from all appearances, Bernier had no problem...

To think that he almost became CPC leader...

Early PPC supporters are quitting the party. It is attracting the wrong crowd and Bernier is doing nothing to stop this from happening.

I wonder how many other candidates will bail--and somehow, I can see Renata Ford *not* bailing (largely because she's too brain-fried)

The ones who hoped to represent a libertarian style party should get out while they still can.

Well Videodrome you have finally convinced me that there are a large number of people who did support the PPC that were complete idiots. People like the ones who wrote the letter. They are claiming that Maxime Bernier supports economically closed borders while his platform is the most pure free trade supporting of any party.

BUMP:

Going full Trump....

BUMP:

Going full Trump....

And out of the CPC, making the Tories more electable by default. Thanks, as you put it, Maxipad.

Also this:

Immigration to Canada would be slashed by more than 50 per cent under a People’s Party government Maxime Bernier vowed Wednesday night in a fiery, nativist speech to 400 cheering supporters in Mississauga. #cdnpoli

Mississauga is incredibly multicultural. Perhaps he didn't know that?

Bernier also revived the values test that Leitch pushed during her leadership campaign.

Back