News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Maxime Bernier plans to run in a Toronto-area byelection

Sept 1, 2020

Maxime Bernier, seen here speaking in Ottawa in September 2018, told iPolitics he intends to run in one of two Toronto-area byelections. (iPolitics/Matthew Usherwood) People’s Party of Canada Leader Maxime Bernier says he wants to win back a seat in the House of Commons by running in one of two upcoming Toronto-area byelections.

Speaking to iPolitics on Tuesday, Bernier wasn’t sure if he would run in Toronto Centre or York Centre, both ridings left empty by the resignations of two Liberal MPs.

The leader of the People’s Party of Canada (PPC), who lost his longtime seat in the Quebec riding of Beauce in October’s federal election, said he intends to campaign in the Liberal strongholds under the banner of his far-right political party, saying it’s important for him to be back in the House as soon as possible.

“I’ll be there for sure,” Bernier said of the byelections. “I want to be back in Parliament as soon as possible, because (the People’s Party) wants to start the debates on the future of this country.”

Maxime Bernier plans to run in a Toronto-area byelection

Sept 1, 2020

Maxime Bernier, seen here speaking in Ottawa in September 2018, told iPolitics he intends to run in one of two Toronto-area byelections. (iPolitics/Matthew Usherwood) People’s Party of Canada Leader Maxime Bernier says he wants to win back a seat in the House of Commons by running in one of two upcoming Toronto-area byelections.

Speaking to iPolitics on Tuesday, Bernier wasn’t sure if he would run in Toronto Centre or York Centre, both ridings left empty by the resignations of two Liberal MPs.

The leader of the People’s Party of Canada (PPC), who lost his longtime seat in the Quebec riding of Beauce in October’s federal election, said he intends to campaign in the Liberal strongholds under the banner of his far-right political party, saying it’s important for him to be back in the House as soon as possible.

“I’ll be there for sure,” Bernier said of the byelections. “I want to be back in Parliament as soon as possible, because (the People’s Party) wants to start the debates on the future of this country.”

If he were to choose Toronto Centre, good luck with that.

Even the Leafs have a better chance of winning the Stanley Cup than the People's Party of Canada having a seat in Toronto Centre.

If he were to choose Toronto Centre, good luck with that.

Even the Leafs have a better chance of winning the Stanley Cup than the People's Party of Canada having a seat in Toronto Centre.

I'll suggest he'll get something more comparable to the 3.09% Paul Hellyer got in the same riding as leader of the Canadian Action Party in 2000.

Back to Beauce:

Maxime Bernier will try to regain his seat in Beauce, Que.

Dec 9, 2020

The leader of the People’s Party of Canada, Maxime Bernier, has announced he will be running in the next federal election in Beauce, Que., the riding he held from 2006 to 2019.

He lost to Conservative Richard Lehoux in the last election.

In a fundraising letter announcing his bid to regain a seat in the House of Commons, Bernier said he has considered “all of (his) options,” and has decided to return to his political home turf of Beauce.

“Our defeat in Beauce last year was a discouraging upset,” he says in the announcement. “Today, we begin work and planning for the campaign in Beauce. It’s going to take everything we have to beat the corrupt establishment.”

Back to Beauce:

Maxime Bernier will try to regain his seat in Beauce, Que.

Dec 9, 2020

The leader of the People’s Party of Canada, Maxime Bernier, has announced he will be running in the next federal election in Beauce, Que., the riding he held from 2006 to 2019.

He lost to Conservative Richard Lehoux in the last election.

In a fundraising letter announcing his bid to regain a seat in the House of Commons, Bernier said he has considered “all of (his) options,” and has decided to return to his political home turf of Beauce.

“Our defeat in Beauce last year was a discouraging upset,” he says in the announcement. “Today, we begin work and planning for the campaign in Beauce. It’s going to take everything we have to beat the corrupt establishment.”

Read the room.

AoD

Perhaps they need to vet their candidates a bit better?

A Saskatchewan man who promoted "traditional" family values as a candidate for the People's Party of Canada and has been an outspoken critic of COVID-19 lockdown measures helps manage a massage parlour network that offers "sexual encounters," a CBC investigation has learned.

Trevor Wowk's business came to CBC's attention earlier this year through a tip from a contractor working on Wowk's Regina home, who said he helped install several massage rooms and a sauna.

When a CBC reporter did an undercover inquiry for services available at Wowk's business, he was offered sex by Wowk's wife, who works in a massage parlour located in his own home. His wife is a Chinese national currently seeking immigration through the family sponsorship program.

The 59-year-old businessman says the massage workers he works with are qualified to offer traditional Chinese medicine techniques, and he rejects the notion that prostitution is involved — though he admits he can't be certain.

"I'm not in the room. I don't have cameras in the rooms. I can neither prove if they do or if they don't," he told CBC in an interview. "What they do behind their closed doors of their massage clinic is up to them." Wowk said he does advise the massage parlour workers that having sex with clients "could risk their licence and registration."

See: https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/longform/trevor-wowk-regina-saskatchewan-massage

Yep, at least I wasn't the one claiming a bunch of malcontents storming the Capitol are a bunch of harmless, bad apples bozos, hun.

AoD
Hun? Said with contempt? That's racist. I'm part German.

Anyway...........nice counter. :rolleyes:

Brings up a bunch of degens to defend the fact that he's a wannabe tyrant. That's how they all start up.

Back