News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Admiral Beez

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I assume big cuts will come to Canada’s outlets.

Looks like their CFO was more interested in the Beyond.

Well, the very large BB&B @ Aura shut last year - Ikea is there now. To my surprise, I see they still have 65 Canadian stores.

With dozens of locations across Canada set to be vacated, the question turns to which brands can actually take advantage of this opportunity. We saw BBB leave the aura and IKEA came in, but which brands could take over large-format retail spaces.

With dozens of locations across Canada set to be vacated, the question turns to which brands can actually take advantage of this opportunity. We saw BBB leave the aura and IKEA came in, but which brands could take over large-format retail spaces.

The location in Etobicoke is already right close to a large Ikea store, so
I think what might happen is that the BB&B stores will be split into two smaller stores.
I'd like to see Linen chest have more stores, but I doubt they'll want all that space.
It will be interesting to see what happens...

I could even see Farmboy taking a few? or what about the brand JYSK?
I was wondering about JYSK! Their locations are so scarce (One in Scarborough, but no other part of Toronto?)
They would be smart to step in and take some stores. (or at least the Etobicoke BB& Beyond location...)

Back