News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

St. Lawrence market has the farmers' market on the weekend, so that is worthwhile. It also makes the market very busy. The weekdays are far less crowded.

I do a big shop there on Saturday, and drop in a couple more times during the week. Because I like it, the food is great, it's on my ride home.

I had a car the first few years I lived in Toronto, and then realized I wasn't using it much, despite paying for it all the time. Now I shop for a family of four, managing just fine with either a touring bike or a backpack. The car might be important for other parts of your life, but you certainly don't need it for groceries.

Check out Bike Share. For $100 you can ride all year, and the St. Lawrence market is less than ten minutes from you by bike. The ride across Front Street is pretty easy, once you get the rhythm of the traffic.
Nice. Really appreciate the tips!

Driving and parking? T+T Supermarket, Cherry Street! I can't believe nobody mentioned this beauty.

....or Loblaws Queens Quay.

Plenty of parking at these two.

Closer to you though, the Longo's at Maple Leaf Square is pretty wikkid.

It's not obvious to me why anyone would suggest he drive to the Loblaws at Queens Quay when there is a much nicer/newer Loblaws so much closer to him that also has plenty of parking.

I suspect people didn't mention T&T both because the alternatives they did mention were much closer, and because he wasn't asking about an Asian supermarket. But, yeah, T&T is great and is easily accessible if he is looking for that kind of store.

It's not obvious to me why anyone would suggest he drive to the Loblaws at Queens Quay when there is a much nicer/newer Loblaws so much closer to him that also has plenty of parking.

I suspect people didn't mention T&T both because the alternatives they did mention were much closer, and because he wasn't asking about an Asian supermarket. But, yeah, T&T is great and is easily accessible if he is looking for that kind of store.

Added T&T to my list. I finally move in on Sunday. Very excited :)

You have a Citymarket that opened up a week ago on your street, just north of king.

I live on Blue Jays and usually walk to No Frills (east) or FreshCo (west) and take the street car back. No Frills has good prices and selection while FreshCo have a superior bread and cheese selection. Freshco is slightly more expensive, but usually have good offers on fruits.

The spadina chinatown supermarket is only 10 minutes away and has the cheapest vegetables in Toronto. It's great to complement the weekly supermarket shopping. Eggs and milk are cheapest and easiest at shoppers (king/blue jays)

LOL at all the sanctimonious, self-absorbed, completely off-topic and useless judgemental comments about OP's car. Google took me here because I wanted information about grocery stores, which is apparently what the OP wanted as well. And a bunch of puffed up holier-than-thous decided for reasons known only to themselves to make the question all about them and their lifestyle choices and what yours and mine ought to be. Great site guys, enjoy it. If you ever decide to get over yourselves I'll see you on the outside of your self-absorbed bubble. If not have fun inside.

LOL at all the sanctimonious, self-absorbed, completely off-topic and useless judgemental comments about OP's car. Google took me here because I wanted information about grocery stores, which is apparently what the OP wanted as well. And a bunch of puffed up holier-than-thous decided for reasons known only to themselves to make the question all about them and their lifestyle choices and what yours and mine ought to be. Great site guys, enjoy it. If you ever decide to get over yourselves I'll see you on the outside of your self-absorbed bubble. If not have fun inside.
This is sooo Cabbagetown, hahaha.

Back