8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

psychokandy

Member Bio
Reaction score
so what are your thoughts on upcoming movies? i'd personally like to see the new Jack Black one, Be Kind Rewind. Also No Country for Old Men is getting great reviews.

Well, I loved No Country for Old Men. Juno was a hoot for the snappy dialogue. Otherwise I'm too backed up with my Zip DVD's to see anything new.

If anyone is a fan of U2, I highly recommend "U2 3D" in IMAX at Scotiabank. I believe it's only there for two weeks, today begins week #2 so don't think about it for too long. This film will expand into select theatres on February 15th with Digital 3D projection, less the IMAX screen obviously. I've been twice already and love it, but I'm a fan. Unfortunately U2 3D was shot using high definition video which doesn't translate great into IMAX but it's still a treat to see and hear them in all their splendor.

Best films around, "No Country For Old Men" (one of the best, if not the best film of 2007), "There Will Be Blood" is terrific, Daniel Day Lewis and Paul Dano are simply electrifying together. Juno is really good but a little over rated, I think it tries a bit too hard (IMO). "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street" is interesting, but not for all tastes. "Atonement" is another fine film if you can get through some of the thick British accents.

I like No Country For Old Men until the last half hour, which was disappointing. I don't care what people said about the ending or any deep meaning, the ending sucks.

There Will Be Blood is Daniel Day Lewis, if it's not for him, the movie won't be any good.

The Kite Runner, I love, love, love the book. It's one of the best books I've ever read. The movie was a big, big, big let down. What a shame. I had such high hope for this movie. I can't believe the writer and the director screwed up such great material.

The Orphanage is a great movie.

Planning to see Cloverfield, Meet the Spartan & The Eye.

Planning to see Cloverfield, Meet the Spartan & The Eye.

The Eye, wait for the DVD. Rent the original Chinese version while your waiting for the domestic version and make sure it's the uncut/uncensored version. Cloverfield, do not consume alcohol before watching it and sit in the back row. The very back row. Trust me.

I've seen the Chinese version of the Eye, and it's the ONLY film that freaked me out. Even I tried to re-watch, there were several scenes I could not watch cause it freaked me out so much.

Also want to see Jumper, looks good.

Meet the Spartans seems to be getting pretty uniformly bad reviews.

It's been out now for a few months, but Away from Her is one of the best movies in a long time (and Canadian!) Julie Christie got the Oscar nomination, but the movie is actually more about Gordon Pinsent's character, and I thought he did a very good job.

Oh come on, who goes to see Meet the Spartan expect anything but just a few cheap laughs? Sometimes I like this kinda stupid movies for a few laughs.

I'm still trying to figure out the meaning behind the ending of "No Country for Old Men..."

The reason that Anton walks away with the loot is due to chance? I know it's a deep movie, I'm afraid I'm not smart enough to get it.

Just saw There Will be Blood; it is also outstanding.

The ending on this one made a bit more sense than "No Country"

However some people didn't get it.

Re:There Will be Blood

The ending on this one made a bit more sense than "No Country"

However some people didn't get it.

Could you elaborate? I'm not sure I got the entire movie..lol

Yeah, it was about an evil oil tycoon.. but what was the message in the movie? Why did he kill the preacher at the end? Did his brother Paul really exist or was he Paul?

I left the theatre exhausted from watching the movie. The acting was incredible but the movie itself dragged on and I didn't get the message.

Back