News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Ahh what memories! I grew up in the Gerrard/Carlaw area in the 80's and 90's. I loved Consumers Distributing because of the catalogues and the toys they showed. It was a pretty backwards system of filling out the form to order, etc., but I still have fond memories of that CD.

The Towers and Food City together became a 2-level Knob Hill with a giant elevator in which you could take shopping carts up and down.

When Knob Hill went under, Loblaws took 5? of the properties, this was one, and turned into the current No Frills

Four, actually. Loblaws took the Weston Road, Dundas/Lansdowne, Gerrard/Carlaw, and Dixie Mall locations - all became No Frills except Weston Road, which was demolished and replaced by a Real Canadian Supercentre. But Loblaws ended up with another Knob Hill Farms location when it bought T&T.

As for Knob Hill Farms locations not picked up by Loblaws or T&T, Home Depot took over the Cambridge site, the Scarborough location became a new Wal-Mart Supercentre, and the Markham and Pickering locations became independent supermarkets. The Oshawa location remains abandoned, but owned by Metrolinx.

Seeing as we have this old thread....................

I think I'm going to stick something here:

From the above:

1673996270035.png

Yes those are Palm trees, no its not a real location, yes there were real plans..........to revive the brand........in Florida of all places..........

Its my understanding, third-hand, that when the numbers were crunched those backing this couldn't quite make it work.

1673996479084.png

Back