See updated renderings of this project. I heard construction is scheduled to start in the new year. Love the scale and look of this.
Render 1-1-1.jpg
Render 2-1-1.jpg

It's very meh, but love the density. Judging by the shitty material finishes it'll be geared toward students too rather than old yuppies so that's a major plus.

Love this kind of density, and having it a block off University Ave is great. The materials are so-so, but like @UrbanWarrior mentioned, maybe it's geared to students and will have more affordable rents. Would be nice to have some more affordable housing stock in U/D

Welcome @JDogg
Thanks for the warm welcome. Yes, I hear it is geared more towards students. Nice to have more rental options in UD that cater to a more diverse crowd.

The architectural design is reminiscent of Brio which is one best seen in the darkest night. The built form with a high rise attached to a mid rise is just uninteresting. Any development here adds density. That's the lowest hanging fruit. .

The University District has visual interest and places to explore. There's also too of the same in regards to built form specifically the length the of structures.

Last edited:
A different palette and pattern shouldn't break the budget. Something more basic usually doesn't end up much cheaper in my experience across Canada.. The foreign student population in Canada went from roughly 150,000 to 600,000 in about 5 years before the pandemic hit. That was a lot of housing in all budgetary ranges needed in a very short period.

A different palette and pattern shouldn't break the budget. Something more basic usually doesn't end up much cheaper in my experience across Canada.. The foreign student population in Canada went from roughly 150,000 to 600,000 in about 5 years before the pandemic hit. That was a lot of housing in all budgetary ranges needed in a very short period.
I don't think there's an issue with the palette. There are four different materials for a fairly large building, and none of them are particularly bad.

Back