TTC posted a video on their youtube page a couple of weeks back on this project.

Not much in the way of new renders, so mostly what we knew already; though there is some visualization (renders with movement in them).

Beyond that there are some illustrations of the construction management plan:

Run time is just over 5M

1685648603390.png

Looks like the website has been updated too: https://www.ttc.ca/en/about-the-ttc...cts/Bloor-Yonge-Station-Capacity-Improvements

"Upon project completion, platform edge doors will be installed and operational on Line 1 at Bloor-Yonge station, as the Line 1 Automatic Train Control (ATC) signal system is already in place.

Infrastructure will be installed for Line 2 at Bloor Yonge Station to enable future platform edge doors. Platform Edge Doors on Line 2 will be possible once the full Line 2 Automatic Train Control (ATC) signal system is installed."

Excellent; I will take whatever tiny smidge of credit I can, as I quietly pushed for this with several people last year. Doubtless many others did as well, and there is credit to go around.
The TTC pisses me off frequently, but this is such absolutely kickass awesome news.

Thank you big time! Torontonians are going to benefit in a huge way! And good on the TTC for changing the plans on this!

Lil thread:

Last edited:
The TTC pisses me off frequently, but this is such absolutely kickass awesome news.

Thank you big time! Torontonians are going to benefit in a huge way! And good on the TTC for changing the plans on this!

Lil thread:

I concur w/your comment that Tall doors (or full-height) is by far the preferred option. I think 1/2 height would certainly leave the litter issue, and might also allow for determined trespassers.

I concur w/your comment that Tall doors (or full-height) is by far the preferred option. I think 1/2 height would certainly leave the litter issue, and might also allow for determined trespassers.
If it's included in the design full height could even help with the ventilation by isolating the L1 tunnel from the station in theory

Turns out bullying works!

I'm not sure I'd use that term, LOL

How about persuasion?

Somewhere between making an intelligent argument and being listened to; and being a pest in need of quieting, there lies the art of persuasion. LOL

Like @Reecemartin , whom I will happily include in this, I want to thank the many others who joined this effort by email, twitter, phone or whatever other media, who contacted the Mayor's office, the TTC, the project team, their local councillor and others.

It really can make a difference.

I can't believe that it took this amount of complaints and pointing-outs for the TTC to do something that is the biggest no-brainer opportunity in a major station renovation that will cost more than a billion dollars and take about a decade to build.

I also can't believe the persuasion worked. Great job, everyone, and props to the TTC.

Turns out complaining to the city does push them to get their heads out of their collective ***** after all, that's great news to hear.

I'd say UT has a pretty extensive membership, perhaps we should compile a Top 10 prorities list of somewhere that the city needs extreme pushing and prodding on, and we can kickstart some more significant change and send out some more e-mails on an issue by issue basis.

The ceilings are coming out. Whether or not you like the replacement......
What are the odds the PSDs get cut, I am hoping this time is different but do recall they were planned for TYSSE as well. Is there something preventing that here?

Back