News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

To note: gossip is Gucci will take the vacated Hermes to build a 10k+ sqf flagship. When you count the old Chanel, etc there's a lot of good space opening up.

Hermes is moving to 100 Bloor West. If they're taking 8,000 square feet (per the source) than they are in the space next to Holt Renfrew man on these leasing docs: http://www.100bloorwestretail.com/

www.fashionmagazine.com/fashion/2015/11/20/saks-2016/

We've got an update from Hermes. The Bloor flagship will be close to 12,000 square feet, making it one of North America's largest, and one of only 12 Hermes 'Maisons' worldwide.

*Update (Nov 26) Hermes confirms that it's taking the Williams Sonoma portion of 100 Bloor St. W., nothing on the Pottery Barn side.

Last edited:
I keep on hearing that Sephora is moving/expanding/renovating. Not sure there is space for them in the Colonnade or if they will migrate further East to perhaps the Manulife Centre?

Looks like Tim Hortons at the Holt Renfrew Centre is moving as they are prepping a new storefront next to the tailor shop. Or are they just opening a second location in the same area?

Re. the Clark's spot/rebuild of the Porsche/Guess stores. The hint is that it is the same broker as Clark's. Based on this list - I'm assuming it will be either Sephora, Uniqlo or Victoria's Secret. I actually think Uniqlo is the least likely of the above, with Victoria's Secret being the most likely as they've opened up gigantic stores in Montreal and Vancouver recently. Sephora is known to be moving to a bigger spot as well - however, I had (perhaps incorrectly) thought it was the Manulife Centre.

Re. the Clark's spot/rebuild of the Porsche/Guess stores. The hint is that it is the same broker as Clark's. Based on this list - I'm assuming it will be either Sephora, Uniqlo or Victoria's Secret. I actually think Uniqlo is the least likely of the above, with Victoria's Secret being the most likely as they've opened up gigantic stores in Montreal and Vancouver recently. Sephora is known to be moving to a bigger spot as well - however, I had (perhaps incorrectly) thought it was the Manulife Centre.

Just how big is the old Jacob store, anyway? That's pretty much the only area Sephora CAN go into.

Has anyone heard about Loblaws looking to build a presence in the Bay Bloor area? The area is underserved, the existing grocers are too small given the density that is coming in. For example - under the proposed Bloor One or Holts redevelopments?

Loblaws does has a presence in the Bay Bloor area with the Bloor Street Market at the Manulife Centre at Bay and Bloor. It can easily be forgotten, though, being smallish and located on the concourse level. Unclear if changes to the Manulife Centre would also allow for any expansions to this store (probably not).

The Loblaws banner itself hasn't had a presence in this neighbourhood since the closure of the Loblaws at Yonge and Yorkville. That was, what, 12 years ago? Actually longer perhaps, because after Loblaws sold it to Great Gulf the building was used for a year or two by Solutions.

Could be Ann Taylor. There's no flagship store yet.

Looks like Personal Edge at the Holt Renfrew Centre is closing. I didn't even know they were.

Heard from a friend who works in the TD building next door that it will be Sephora

Back