News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

So turns out this little piece of gossip is true.

I heard most of Yorkville ave is going high end Bloor-worthy.

Curious to see how Bloor handles this.

Are you talking 99 Yorkville? There is over 20,000 square feet of retail there in various incarnations.

Will also be interesting to see what goes in to the Colonade. Traditionally they've had a retailer lined up as soon as someone leaves. The Chanel space, coupled with, the second floor + what's left of the Japan Foundation's old space is A LOT of footage (13,000 square feet). I wonder if Sephora is still thinking about a larger store...

Are you talking 99 Yorkville? There is over 20,000 square feet of retail there in various incarnations.

Will also be interesting to see what goes in to the Colonade. Traditionally they've had a retailer lined up as soon as someone leaves. The Chanel space, coupled with, the second floor + what's left of the Japan Foundation's old space is A LOT of footage (13,000 square feet). I wonder if Sephora is still thinking about a larger store...
The high level gossip says a lot of European fashion houses (many without a presence in Toronto) are opening on Yorkville Ave itself. That is within 99 Yorkville and other buildings on the street.

Apparently Chanel was the catalyst required to get other houses to consider anything but Bloor.

Prada is taking the second floor space of the Japan Foundation (if that is still in plan).

That's a lot of space for Prada!

I think Dior is going on Yorkville. I think Jimmy Choo as well.

I'm interested to see how landlords on Bloor respond. Either way win win for Toronto.

I actually quite like Teatro Verde. Glad to hear that they are moving within Yorkville, not leaving completely. A bit of a return for them, heading back to Hazelton Lanes.

Not sure how to interpret this- but it seems as though all of the retail at the condos at 80 and 100 Yorkville- Teatro Verde, Diesel, and Anthropologie- will be moving to Yorkville Village? Thereby further freeing up significant space for other, more high-end retailers. https://www.firstcapitalrealty.ca/PropertyDetails.aspx?id=219

Of these, however, only Teatro Verde is located on Yorkville Village's leasing plan http://yorkvillevillage.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/leasing-plans.pdf

First Capital owns the retail component of the buildings that Diesel are in. They consider the whole area "Yorkville Village" . The address on your link includes the buildings that are actually on Yorkville. What this is a good example of is how a singular landlord can more successfully redevelop a neighbourhood and focus on attracting the right tenant mix.

First Capital owns the retail component of the buildings that Diesel are in. They consider the whole area "Yorkville Village" . The address on your link includes the buildings that are actually on Yorkville. What this is a good example of is how a singular landlord can more successfully redevelop a neighbourhood and focus on attracting the right tenant mix.

Ah okay, this makes sense then. Thanks for clearing that up!

It's a Clarks pop-up. That retail space and the neighbouring Guess space will be rebuilt to become one large two-level flagship store for an international retailer. We've been asked not to reveal the brand yet but here's a hint -- the brokerage representing Clarks also represents the incoming flagship brand.

That's a great hint - it's going to be a Uniqlo store.

http://business.financialpost.com/p...at-will-reshape-canadas-hottest-retail-corner

"Sources say Nordstrom Rack is close to a deal that would bring the chain to the intersection’s southeast corner. Across the street on the southwest corner, Apple Inc., after years of searching for street-front space on the city’s famed Mink Mile strip of retail on Bloor Street west of Yonge, is also near a deal.
But an even bigger transaction by dollar value on the north side will see Cumberland Terrace and Two Bloor West purchased by one of the largest and most respected private real estate entities, KingSett Capital. (Sources say the deal is under contract, but has not closed)."

I was just at the Nordstrom Rack Union Square in NYC last week. They carry a fantastic selection of discounted designer clothing. You can find some really amazing deals there.

Has the old Jacobs location in the Manulife Centre been leased? Went by there today and it looked some renos were going on (at least in the lower level portion).

http://business.financialpost.com/p...at-will-reshape-canadas-hottest-retail-corner

"Sources say Nordstrom Rack is close to a deal that would bring the chain to the intersection’s southeast corner. ...

Came across First Gulf's commercial space leasing brochure, it has 2 renderings I haven't seen before (p1 / p7).

It also shows floor plans of P2/P1/L1/L2 and how it will function, to those that are interested in the details like myself:

http://www.firstgulf.com/pdf-property/OneBloor_EmailVersion_LR.pdf

So the Nordstrom Rack space would be the entire 2nd floor
(with a carve-out at the Bloor-Yonge corner which would belong to the ground floor tenant)?

That would make more sense than Nordstrom Rack dividing its space over 3 floors (P1, ground and 2), based on its usual store layouts.

More high end changes coming to Bloor and Yorkville itself.

Seems like labels no longer care about being on Bloor and as such, a new generation of musical chairs is about to play out in the Yorkville area. Expect numerous new announcements soon (in addition to Chanel)

Back