News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Anyone know what the plans are? Is the UofT gonna take down the promenade and build up a new podium (they should)?

dollarama will have a long, lonely stay in that spot.
They have filed for a minor variance for the upgrades. Some elevation updates, infilling a bit of the plaza at the corner of Balmuto and Charles, and the removal of the interior hallway and reconfiguration of the retail units to face out onto Charles.

They have filed for a minor variance for the upgrades. Some elevation updates, infilling a bit of the plaza at the corner of Balmuto and Charles, and the removal of the interior hallway and reconfiguration of the retail units to face out onto Charles.

They also have a much more substantial longer-term play with the property, but that's many years into the future and not particularly high up on their real estate portfolio priority list, but is nonetheless on there.

Sorelle at Avenue and Yorkville has closed - the space is now for lease (throw a Laduree in here!)

Departo has opened at The Hazelton Hotel

The Couple pop-up has opened at The Colonnade

Obviously, Eataly has opened at Manulife

First time for me seeing the Hermes store facade:

20191124_094716.jpg

Stone Island has opened on Yorkville Ave:

20191124_093128.jpg
20191124_093239.jpg

Not sure what's being planned for this property to the east:

20191124_093008.jpg
20191124_093422.jpg

I don't know about outer space but I can see this from my apartment. Hello, you missed a spot!
View attachment 219251

On the off chance they have really missed, that, you might want to be nice to them and point that out before they leak all over the place.

On the off chance they have really missed, that, you might want to be nice to them and point that out before they leak all over the place.
With all the snow/rain we've had this fall, it's likely it already has. And if it hasn't been noticed yet, uhhhh. Long unnoticed leaks are never, ever a good thing.

ECD62F1D-890B-46A5-BF22-447AD61BC8A4.jpeg
D2B35203-1465-4799-B977-B380CB47B38D.jpeg

Hattendo has opened another store in the underground between Cumberland Terrace and 50 Bloor West.

MAC at 91 Bloor W has closed
ba&sh advertising is up in the windows of the retail space at The Hazelton

I suspect that Eataly has eaten into McEwan's sales at Yonge and Bloor. It seems a lot quieter on weekends.

The former Davids space at the corner of Bay and Bloor has been leased, according to a banner on the window.
Whoever it is has only taken the David's original space and not the Capezio space, which is still for lease. The leased part is ~3,300 square feet. I had thought maybe Valentino would take the space - they were a giant draw at David's and I suspect one of the reasons David's closed was that once Valentino opened at Yorkdale, they pulled their shoes from David's. But 3,300 square feet is smaller than Yorkdale. Given the corner, I hope it's a decent retailer and not a pop-up, but given retail these days, I wonder if we're bound to be disappointed.

Back