News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

the beer store "monopoly" could seriously use a kick in the pants with more availability in smaller hands. And I don't even drink beer.

Also the Beer Store's archaic recycling program needs to be kicked for good. Ontario is one of the few places in the modern world that doesn't have a deposit system on all bottles/cans and plastic. I throw most of my empties out. I can't be bothered to make the trip all the way out to the Beer Store. I don't shop at the Beer Store, why should i have to return my empties there? Let the grocery stores have bottle/can return machines like everywhere else on the planet.

Let the grocery stores have bottle/can return machines like everywhere else

Dominion used to have these in the 1990s. I recall the Eglinton Square Dominion having a bottle refund machine in the back by their bakery.

I can see them not having it due to the undesirable clientele it attracts.

For example, there is a woman who is at Warden Station every evening collecting garbage bags full of cans. She must collect 3 bags a day at various stations.

Handling that high of volume takes time and is impractical for alot of people. The homeless and mentally ill also collect cans and bottles en masse. Having those sorts of people walk into stores to obtain money may not always be ideal.

Something going in where the Rexall used to be in Manulife.
E564BEA5-6F81-406F-B6F2-E92F619BACBC.jpeg

Do you think it’s likely that the spaces are leased or that Manulife is just doing demo without having a lease?
There are plenty of vacancies in the general area, and the basement has lost some cache and foot traffic after the LCBO moved upstairs. Returning it to base-building or changing unit sizes seems far more likely.

Back