News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

it's 132x132, perfect site for towns. but inefficient use of a redevelopment play.

When they say higher and better use, I don't think that applies here.

it's 132x132, perfect site for towns. but inefficient use of a redevelopment play.

When they say higher and better use, I don't think that applies here.

that's a sizeable site.

and as you said, location would have been perfect for 6-8s midrise with retail on ground level.
perhaps the developer thinks there would be more of an uproar from the community if they went midrise vs THs, and they don't want to tie up their capital with the time needed for approval, etc ?

A little PDF which gives details for the site: link.

thanks PE !

it looks like the seller already got approval for the 14 THs, so all this guy has to do is sell and build them ... quick and easiest way for them to get in/out vs seeing re-approval, etc.

Last edited:
Yes exactly what I was thinking, it's an official plan: mixed use area so less rezoning but would probably be a bit of a fight for the first condo site in the area.
The NIMBYs are strong in this city lately.

Conservative rookie developer who is looking to take on a similar project in which he's already had success. Although in my experience I haven't seen stacked towns sell to quickly pre-construction. Always seems as though they have to be built first, sold after. Example 850 Richmond West (south side I believe).

So it is seven three storey townhouses, with another seven behind them, maybe with a garden between?

I rented a place in the old apartment building ( 849 Broadview ) just to the north, for a year in the early '80s, for $222/month!

Hi Everyone. New member here. I just received an e-mail from the sales representative from Buildcrest. This is what it said:

837 Broadview Ave. will be opening up for our VIP clients this Saturday March 17th, by appointment only! Our starting price will be in the low 800s. Don't miss out on this wonderful opportunity to purchase 1 of 14 townhomes!

So I guess I answered your question just1time. Around the 800s. I won't be surprised if they'll jump up higher than that.

Bold Towns

These are going at the ex Albany clinic site, right across the street from the LCBO on Danforth, I think. They're diggin there too

These are going at the ex Albany clinic site, right across the street from the LCBO on Danforth, I think. They're diggin there too

Bold is going in on Broadview, at the old paint store location. The Albany site is going to be a new and larger LCBO store, and I am giddy with anticipation.

Bold is going in on Broadview, at the old paint store location. The Albany site is going to be a new and larger LCBO store, and I am giddy with anticipation.

the LCBO was supposed to be ready for spring 2012 but more like fall

CRE was right: what a conservative waste of space! The other RW would've been a better choice for design architect (see 838 Broadview across the street :))

14 September 2013:
zn5a.jpg

fd9x.jpg

tae5.jpg

td7h.jpg

Yes, it's better than Block or Trinity Bellwoods Townhomes ....

8 December 2013: Here's a Bold idea: design an accessible building--how do you get up these stairs in a wheelchair?! (OTOH, yeah, Montreal has got the townhouse stair design down. Toronto architects: I dare you to come up with something better!)
p4sw.jpg

Again, WTF is up with this contextual error? This is a "side street" building not something for Broadview near a subway station!
w8d7.jpg

fh8d.jpg

oexg.jpg

The verdict: next time hire the RW with talent!

Back