jahvon09

Member Bio
Reaction score
Boston, MA / Millennium Tower / 790 feet / 65 flrs / Status; U/C / Est. Compl; 2016?

After going though about 3 years or more of delays, disappointments & arguments, Boston's newest tower - the Millennium Tower is finally under construction!

Boston mayor Thomas M. Menino has found a new developer to take on the project and get the ball rolling.

The old Filene's store is presently being rehabbed and converted into sort of a mini shopping center (almost in the style of the new World Trade Center mall in New York City), will feature a supermarket, stores and small restaurants.

But the signature centerpiece component - the building that will stand out the most, is a tall & slender condo tower that will soar about 790 feet in the air, named the Millennium Tower! It will be Boston's tallest building to date!

The entire project is slated for completion in about 3 years or so. ;)

Attachments

• Millenium Tower, Boston.jpg
    Millenium Tower, Boston.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 319
  • MillenniumTower3.jpg
    MillenniumTower3.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,127
Last edited:
Walked by today after my doc's appointment and noticed that the new glass façade is now being installed on the north side of the old Filene's building.

So in spite of the snowstorm, I captured a pic of it on my android smart phone! Sorry for the snowy pic, but that is actually the snow falling. ;)

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
Rendering of the tower as viewed from the top.

Attachments

• MillenniumTower 4.jpg
    MillenniumTower 4.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 278
It will probably be a decent addition to the city, but it doesn't look that memorable save for its unusual proportions.

There are at least 2 designs of the condo tower, so it is probably still unclear which one they are going with at least until the foundation for the tower starts being put in.

Some more pics! ;)

Attachments

• Old Filene's Bldg Getting new facade.jpg
    Old Filene's Bldg Getting new facade.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 251
  • Filene's inside.jpg
    Filene's inside.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 243
I racked up on a lot of stuff for the kitchen when they had their GOOB sale, including a KA lift-bowl stand mixer!

Here are a few pics that I took at the construction site yesterday.

1. Tall tower crane was erected, though not being used yet.

2. Old Filene's Building's north side is practically encased with new glass façade.

3. MBTA's Downtown Crossing Station Kiosk & elevator open, but covered up to protect the pedestrians using the entrance to the subway.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 217
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 230
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Looks like THIS is the actual design of the Tower that the developer is going with. ;)

Attachments

• Milenium Tower, Boston.jpg
    Milenium Tower, Boston.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 216
  • millenium tower base and outdoor park area.jpg
    millenium tower base and outdoor park area.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 223
  • Millenium constr. activity.jpg
    Millenium constr. activity.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 208
  • Old Filene's Building..jpg
    Old Filene's Building..jpg
    94 KB · Views: 230
Well, perhaps that was a bit rude of me. But this particular project is pretty much crap from start to finish.

This is not spam.

The admins & mods are ok with it, and that is all that matters.

This is a thread in the forum that is meant for those like me, to post and comment, and who are avid fans fond of tall hise-rise skyscrapers, indeed.

You might think of it as crap, but I'm sure that others like myself are anxiously awaithing the rise of a tall condo tower in the heart of downtown Boston.

Back