News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Was there a gas station that used to be there or something?

By 2017, it was torn down. Google Street View 2015, from link.:

1600653298407.png

So I assuming the slow action on this site is due to soil remediation issues?

So I assuming the slow action on this site is due to soil remediation issues?

They have not done any remediation, if anything, the opposite. I think it is lack of sales.

Although, if you mean soil remediation in the sense that it is cost prohibitive to the developer, that could be a possibility. However, I have not ever seen them take soil samples, and I do walk by here several times weekly.

As I've said in the past - no big loss to have this development stall. Especially if it is a remediation cost issue; that means something larger will have to be built here eventually.

They have not done any remediation, if anything, the opposite. I think it is lack of sales.

Although, if you mean soil remediation in the sense that it is cost prohibitive to the developer, that could be a possibility. However, I have not ever seen them take soil samples, and I do walk by here several times weekly.

As I've said in the past - no big loss to have this development stall. Especially if it is a remediation cost issue; that means something larger will have to be built here eventually.
Well...it's the first thing that crossed my mind.

...either way, it will be an eyesore until someone decides to put something there that's not a surface parking lot.

To pay for soil remediation, they'll need to build something more than three stories high.

Time for a semi-annual update on this site. The developer has literally papered over the portion of the sign that stated "Coming 2018". Otherwise no change.

Taken today:

PXL_20210512_110833202-01.jpeg

PXL_20210512_103734268-01.jpeg

*Should*, but the site is likely too small once you account for all the silly stepbacks the City demands. It's also stuck in 1-83, but that's probably due to the site-specific for the stalled townhouses.

Back