39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

APTA-2048

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
Anyone else on here fond of building interiors, perhaps more so than exteriors? I find I'm that way and I find I'm particularly fond of interiors from the 1970s and 1980s. I'm also facinated at how interiors change during renovations/refurbishments. I've been taking photos of interiors I've found interesting, and thought I'd share some here:

Corridor between Cumberland Terrace and Hudson Bay Centre. I particularly love the colours and lighting in this area.
4787077773_03a46d1890.jpg

Union Station Train Shed
4532677181_ace2374704.jpg

Dupont Station Mezzanine
3460293385_a1dc51cf74.jpg

Dupont Station Platforms
3461451220_5bba08ddc1.jpg

The corridor between Cumberland Terrace and Hudson Bay Centre always reminds me of Montreal... I hope they never change it - perfect relic of its time.

The corridor between Cumberland Terrace and Hudson Bay Centre always reminds me of Montreal... I hope they never change it - perfect relic of its time.

I like it too! And of it's time being what, late 70's? I can't ever remember this corridor changing at all since it was built.

I agree, we need more attention on interior architecture and design. Public transit stations are the best places for it being so visible to diverse groups of people. Urban denizens often spend a lot of time on public transit, so it's worth investing in unique and attractive facilities like stations.

My 3 most favroutie building interiors in toronto would have to be.
Scotia Plaza
First Canadian Place
Sick Kids Hospital atirum

But out of all 3 i have always loved how the interior of SIck kdis hospial looks expecially the atirum.

Last edited:
My 3 most favroutie building interiors in toronto would have to be.
Scotia Plaza
First Canadian Place
Sick Kids Hospital atirum

But out of all 3 i have always loved how the interior of SIck kdis hospial looks expecially the atirum.

I love Scotia Plaza too. I like the colour scheme and accents. Too bad I was stopped by security when trying to photograph it.:rolleyes:

I particularly love the colours and lighting in this area.
4787077773_03a46d1890.jpg

I particularly love the mirrors, because as I move through the space I can experience myself as an almost cinematographic entity, and in transition: viewed from the front, in profile and in rear-view-mirror mode all at the same time. I never miss an opportunity to admire my own reflection at the best of times, but this wondrous walkway is unique in Toronto for offering such simultaneous perspectives.

Back