8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

ganjavih

Member Bio
Reaction score
As Hipster Duck suggested in the parking lot thread, buildings we'd like to see demolished deserves its own thread. OK, everyone, time to vent!

I'll start... that horribly out of place slab apartment building in Grange Park. Ugh.

Those ugly residential apartments in front of the CN Tower and Rogers Centre and the Toronto Star building. If they had a more central location I would go easier on them, seeing them from the ferry is awful.

Dark brown monstrosity, Bloor & Walmer, N-E corner, complete with horrid concrete retail base.

I hate that fucker.

Dark brown monstrosity, Bloor & Walmer, N-E corner, complete with horrid concrete retail base. I hate that fucker.

I hear ya. With the same sort of concept is the highrise taking up most of the St. Clair/Bathurst/Vaughan block with raw concrete above-grade "mall" at its base.

OISE. The Colonnade. I second Wylie's nomination of Jorgenson Hall. For sure Harbour Square!!! And how can we forget the Hudson's Bay Centre?

The Colonnade.

Wha'?!?

131 BLOOR ST W

The Colonnade; 1961-63, Gerald Robinson, Tampold & Wells, Associates, BY-LAW PASSED on -adopted by City Council on May 2, 1983 DESIGNATION BY-LAW PASSED BY CITY COUNCIL on Nov. 28, 1983

Yes, 1983. On its architectural merits...

The first one that comes to mind is Harbour Square. My mind boggles on this subject, so many ugly crappy buildings, so little chance....

Definitely Harbour Square. For some inexplicable reason, there's a soft spot in my heart for Hudson Bay Centre...

I'd like to obliterate both Old and New City Hall, plus the CN Tower, Casa Loma, and a few other landmarks. Not because I think they're ugly; just because I'm in a Billy Sol Hurok frame of mind

Harbour Square. Absolutely.

Jorgenson - oh, yeah. Architecture as well - could throw in Eric Pallen Hall as well (though the SHE building on top helps) and for free, the incomplete Tridel piece of shit.

EDS Building at Front and Yonge

Hudson's Bay Centre

Why let U of T of the hook? - several building on St. George would bite the dust. Sidney Smith would make a fine candidate.

Stockyards Power Centre. So needlessly suburban. What a waste for an area that could easily be redeveloped and integrated with the up-and-coming Junction.

The Vaughan/Bathurst building, plus its cousins at Weston/Lawrence and Bloor/Walmer.

The worst rental building in the city, at Dupont and Lansdowne.

Sheraton Centre (surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet)

Pretty much all of downtown Toronto save for a few buildings. One thing I really hate is the TD Centre. 4 identical black towers. Such a waste. They would have been better off with 2 tall towers or 4 distinct buildings. The downtown skyline has too many twin towers. Even triplets.

Back