News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Pure Spirit (the point tower, that is. The well-mannered base can stay, insofar as the above ground parking is converted to residential and retail uses)

Husdons' Bay Centre at Bay/Bloor

Harbour Centre Castle thinger

A re-clad of the migraine-making rentals at Gerrard and Church

Ryerson Architecture Building

The line of apartment buildings that define St. Jamestown along Wellesley's north side, from Bleecker to Parliament.

The Three Ugly Sisters at River and Gerrard

to start....

How big is this bulldozer? I'd start at Finch and Yonge and go right down to Sheppard. Ech. It's not too late to start over.

I'd say "Foster"'s Pharmacy Building, but I'm worried the pods will survive and spawn more Pharmacy Buildings.

I'll give commie blocks a pass.

So many good choices have been taken: OISE, HBC (more for the retail bunker than the tower), Harbour Square, Infinity (the shorter tower - I'll give the taller tower 30 days to relocate itself), Sid Smith (completely dysfunctional interior), Ryerson Business Building, NPS walkways (just kidding...or am I?).

Maple Leaf Gardens interior (why can't I buy groceries here yet?)
South-east corner of Church and Wellesley

Canada Life Squaropolis
Dundas Square
Eaton's Dundas Entrance
Ryerson Tire

The Porsche dealership and parking lot built on the site of the original whateverment buildings.

The Globe and Mail building

The L Tower (please don't build this!)

What? No desire to obliterate CityPlace? I would have thought that with all the CP haters on this forum it would have come up by post # 2 or 3 at the latest...

What? No desire to obliterate CityPlace? I would have thought that with all the CP haters on this forum it would have come up by post # 2 or 3 at the latest...

Oh yeah,

CityPlace, lower Spadina, & the railway lands - all in one giant obliterating swoop.

TKTKTK: does your problem with the Globe and Mail building have to do with the outside or what's on the inside?

I'm with you on Toronto Life Squaropolis. Stop it before it's too late! And excellent call on the new Eaton's entrance. The resulting pile of rubble needs to have a sign stuck to it, reading, "GO BACK AND DO IT AGAIN."

Harbour Square needs to founder.

666 Spadina needs to go from Tower in the Park to Hole in the Ground. (Sorry, Uno.)

The French Quartier needs to be extradited to face charges in its native land.

And, on a completely different note, let me add that, seen from the UT home page, this thread's name is truncated to the tantalysing "Buildings you'd like to..."

But I guess we'll start the BILF thread when we're done this one.

I'll just put some stuff down I haven't seen yet:

- All of Moss Park: the armouries, the housing project and the rink
- Metro Toronto Convention Centre - that is a barrier if there ever was one.
- The "Grand" hotel on Jarvis
- The North wing of St. Lawrence market (but please no faux-historicism in the next reincarnation)
- The Nightmare on Elm street
- That horrible McDonalds/Metropolis records building at the corner of Queen and Spadina
- The Dominion in the Annex

My other desire is to flatten every building surrounding Allan Gardens on Carlton, Sherbourne, Jarvis and Gerrard and surrounding it with 35 storey limestone-clad neo-modernist towers that meet the street. It could be our very own Bryant Park or Rittenhouse Square!

Also, that Uno Prii building in Grange Park has got to go.

My other desire is to flatten every building surrounding Allan Gardens on Carlton, Sherbourne, Jarvis and Gerrard and surrounding it with 35 storey limestone-clad neo-modernist towers that meet the street. It could be our very own Bryant Park or Rittenhouse Square!

There's one, just one, really rather pretty 60s modernist apartment block with white glazed brick on Sherbourne looking onto Allan Gardens, keep that, raze the rest. (Raze their roofs!)

Re Globe and Mail. The outside pretends to hide the sexy goings on of a major newspaper, mirrored secret-headquarters windows and all. But once you get inside, lamesville. Mouldy, dark, stained, confusing. The building rambles on for so long and so far that a circus school has taken over a whole wing, and no one's noticed.

Adding my vote for OISE.

Has no one mentioned 2 Bloor West? I actually think it could be saved by recladding it completely with something other than the shit-brown glass. It's ugly sister across the street is boring but was re-glassed years ago and is now quite inoffensive.

Hudson's Bay (the store) as well, could be saved I think by simply redoing the facade. If they got rid of the concrete and made the whole front glass, it would change the way it meets the street and make the building interact with the dead (currently under-used) space in front. It would also make shopping inside more pleasant.

And speaking of cladding...
First Canadian Place! Either do something about the fecking dirty marble, or blow up the tower real good.

outside of the core...
-Vaughan Mills and Solmar condos NE corner of Jane and Rutherford
-New medical office building NW corner of Kennedy and Sheppard
-all Tridel buildings
-all Wal-marts

Back