City Of Rain

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Vancouver
Akimbo is a new condo development
by IMANI Development
currently in preconstruction at 4295 Dawson Street, Burnaby. Akimbo has a total of 350 units. Sizes range from 460 to 1405 square feet.

2019_01_04_04_36_41_2018-11-06_brenwood_close-up_high_draft03_jpg_final.jpg

2018_09_17_09_52_33_akimbo_rendering.png

akimbo.jpg

Akimbo-1-960x960.jpg

Akimbo-Close-Up-Podium.png

4285-Dawson-Street-Burnaby-Akimbo-7.jpg

akimbo-3bed.gif

The amount of towers around Brentwood and Metrotown is pretty amazing really. Bigger skylines than many mid sized American cities.

I'm just wondering from that Google Maps pic above, does anyone know if the new Gilmore Place towers (I think towers 1 & 2 are the first phase from a picture I found) will fully block the Vancouver city view? I feel like it's gonna block the city view with these tall towers. From what I remember of the area, mountain view should be okay since there's no towers behind that Staples building.
gilmore.jpg

I wonder if this is becoming a norm for strata fee? Got an email form the Sentinel quoting the Estimated Strata Fees is around $0.79 a sq. ft. That is like double in two year. If you purchase a 1000sqft condo you'll be paying like $790 a month in your assessment. How can a person downsize in retirement. I must amid that I really like the design of this building. Wonder what the fee is for this building as fees goes up with the amount of amenities.

I'm just wondering from that Google Maps pic above, does anyone know if the new Gilmore Place towers (I think towers 1 & 2 are the first phase from a picture I found) will fully block the Vancouver city view? I feel like it's gonna block the city view with these tall towers. From what I remember of the area, mountain view should be okay since there's no towers behind that Staples building.

Go to Googlemaps, identify the site, then zoom out and draw a straight line to downtown Vancouver.

Back