8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

grey

Member Bio
Reaction score
I walked by the original Burrito Boyz on Peter St. and all "Burrito Boyz" signage is gone, replaced by a sign that just says "BURRITOS." Anyone know what's going on? A google search using a 24-hour timeline only reveals a brief post by some blogger who wandered by and noticed the same thing.

I just called the number on the BB website:

120 Peter Street
Toronto, ON
M5V 2G7
416-593-9191

A confused staffer replied that the name has changed and the management has changed, but "everything else will stay the same".

Her words of comfort were ineffective and now I'm totally freaked out.

Or Chipotle on Yonge in TLS, where you don't have to wait 20 minutes for your order goshdarnit.

There's another burrito place coming to King West across from the Bell Lightbox too.

Maybe it was the day that I went, but Chipotle does NOT compare to BBoyz by any means. I'm willing to give it another chance, but only if I can't make it to the Boyz.
Agreed. Same goes for Z-teca and Quesada. They all pale in comparison to Burrito Boyz and Big Fat Burrito.

As far as I know, the Adelaide St. location hasn't changed. The BBoyz website (updated infrequently) mentiones that a 4th location is "coming soon."

Maybe the two founding guys are splitting the business?

I was there the other day, and it seemed the same. The best idea if you don't want to wait is to just phone ahead. They don't mind taking the orders, and they'll have it ready for you by the time you arrive.

I tried a Mission Burrito the other day--very disappointing. It wasn't hot/spicy enough (I requested extra spicy) and it was served cold. Gross.

While not Tex-Mex style, New York Sub still serves the spiciest, yummiest burrito in town!

I'm laid back. I stop by Tacos El Asador whenever I'm up at Bloor & Christie and feel like a cheap bite on the run

You're always munching something on the run, aren't you possum? Last time I saw you was on the King car - clenching a disposable coffee cup in your teeth and making funny little "talking" noises at me.

The facebook group explains everything. Whew!

If no one was aware, Burrito Boyz started as a partnership between two cool dudes but have now decided to each go their own way (amicably of course). What you may all be asking is: "What?!? What is going to happen to my burritos?" Well, the answer is this:

One cool dude is taking two stores, the Adelaide and Port Credit location, and the other cool dude the Peter and Walmer location. The former dude is taking the name 'Burrito Boyz', while the latter is taking the sauces and ingredients. All still groovy burrito goodness but now, our dear friends at the original location, from Peter St., is asking for your ideas.

The original burrito dudes will be holding a contest, running two weeks (ending December 10th) to see who can come up with the best name for the new store and also a new logo.

What's in it for you? Well, other than some major bragging rights, the winner of the store name will receive $500 CAD and the winner of the store logo will receive $500 CAD. You could potentially win $1000 CAD if you are that talented!

Where do you go and drop your ideas? Visit:

www.burritowhat.ca

and you dreams can come true from there.

Thanks a lot everyone for your patience and I'd like to thank Jaimie for all her help. Your burritos are not going anywhere; the stores are all still up and running, ready to serve you that delicious Mexican treat with a smile. ARIBA!

Back