Not a lot of change since the last update pics. It’s not shown in the photo here, but it does look like the site has been levelled off, Maybe drilling is close?
0FA91447-4A8A-46E9-9103-C552F0FE171B.jpeg

While that is much better, I am not sure we will get that. Is that the previous version of this site maybe, designed by Abugov Kaspar, about 7-8 years ago? I think the current DP would be the one that is on the sign, which is the smaller, 6 storey one. I am not 100% sure though. This one never made it to CPC (must not have had any relaxations), so I haven't seen any rendering beyond what is on the sign advertising the DP.

I really hope this is the current rendering. I'll be able to live with this one. Massing is still not great, very similar to the Metropolitian, but this rendering is much better than the previous.
The design may have changed. Found this rendering on thre construction company's website. Now 11 floors instead of 6 floors.

View attachment 362741

Looks like a re-make of the Metropolitan. Definitely an improvement.

Would be great if this was the most recent design, but I fear @MichaelS is right. I recall the plan was originally for some something like 11 stories. Why a developer would move down in density who knows, but it could be the case here.

Looks like a re-make of the Metropolitan. Definitely an improvement.

Would be great if this was the most recent design, but I fear @MichaelS is right. I recall the plan was originally for some something like 11 stories. Why a developer would move down in density who knows, but it could be the case here.
I would guess it was the change of being able to go up to 6 floors with wood.

^^^It might be enough to convince the city to spruce up the long neglected public realm in that area
Both 10th Ave and 14th Street are on listed on the main streets program as medium term priorities, so it is in the works. So hopefully in the next 5-10 years we'll see some action. That being said 14th Street is in dire need of a face lift, so the sooner the better imo.

Both 10th Ave and 14th Street are on listed on the main streets program as medium term priorities, so it is in the works. So hopefully in the next 5-10 years we'll see some action. That being said 14th Street is in dire need of a face lift, so the sooner the better imo.

Unfortunately Main Streets is moving at a glacial pace. Detailed design was supposed to be complete for Bridgeland and Marda Loop in the spring. Unless they have been completed and the Project Team has decided not to release them because there still is no update on funding and a timeline.

Back