9F427980-895E-4A30-BA4F-D571E7CD345B.jpeg
2B72C1B8-CB27-4BC6-94B7-ED2130106544.jpeg
DFB7D706-7FA7-4398-BA5E-57BD05538EED.jpeg
EB1462AC-44AB-485F-8F37-698CEC74088B.jpeg

Is this building condos? If so, I am surprised that they haven't released units for sale yet considering how far along they are in construction.

I went past there this evening, the area was buzzing with people, mostly due to the ice cream shop, but there were a few people hanging in front of 19+2. 19th is turning into a nice little high street, it only needs a couple more developments to flesh it out.

I went past there this evening, the area was buzzing with people, mostly due to the ice cream shop, but there were a few people hanging in front of 19+2. 19th is turning into a nice little high street, it only needs a couple more developments to flesh it out.
It's the perks of being a non-main Main Street. Local traffic flow is modest and a fraction of the noise and conflicts found on more prominent streets where transportation needs historically focused on car commuters or even buses. Results in places a bit more inviting. A few projects like this and all of a sudden we have a nice little node. 26 Ave SW is similar candidate if it could figure out how to add retail, same with 24 Ave NW. Those connective but not commuter roads are key.

Watered down visions of the Beltline's 17th Ave are a great example of the opposite, where the experience of visiting the street and of locals is secondary to the needs of throughput, despite 100x the local foot traffic as the quieter non-main Main Streets. On 17th Ave we spent far more time, effort and money and end up with sidewalks the same width as previously and a drive-thru McDonalds.

I hope we can create more 19th Streets in the future.

Back