This is actually one of my favorite streets and neighborhouds in the NW
  • Perfect amount of density
  • Not very busy
  • Good retail amenities
  • Old trees
  • The charm of old local historical Calgary buildings
  • Nicely embedded within a residential neighborhouds (perfect for walks)
  • Though the corner of Kensignton and 19th is a failure: the grades are poorly placed/designed, and the podium is very poorly designed. I hope the building on the other corner that eventually will get build, does a better job.
I hope that we can keep the single detached houses north of this block. And they don’t get replaced by hideous stucco and hardie castles.

Agreed. West Hillhurst area and 19th St. are very nice, I wish Calgary had more areas like this.

I am OK with losing some more single detached houses on 19th St., we have plenty of single-family homes in the area. Another block of mixed use/retail north of this building would be nice.

Agreed. West Hillhurst area and 19th St. are very nice, I wish Calgary had more areas like this.

I am OK with losing some more single detached houses on 19th St., we have plenty of single-family homes in the area. Another block of mixed use/retail north of this building would be nice.
The area is chalk full of single family homes, nobody would miss any of the ones on 19th if they were turned into mix-uss developments.

This is actually one of my favorite streets and neighborhouds in the NW
  • Perfect amount of density
  • Not very busy
  • Good retail amenities
  • Old trees
  • The charm of old local historical Calgary buildings
  • Nicely embedded within a residential neighborhouds (perfect for walks)
  • Though the corner of Kensignton and 19th is a failure: the grades are poorly placed/designed, and the podium is very poorly designed. I hope the building on the other corner that eventually will get build, does a better job.
I hope that we can keep the single detached houses north of this block. And they don’t get replaced by hideous stucco and hardie castles.
Welcome to the forum Flaneur! I agree whole heartedly about 19th St. and the area. It’s a great place to hang out, although I disagree about the houses along 19th St.
There aren’t many, particularly nice houses that would even be worth saving along 19th St., and the rest of the neighbourhood is mostly single-family homes already.
The only complaints I have about 19th St., and the area is that there’s actually not enough retail, it has a couple of good anchor businesses, but not much else, and the other complaint is that it could do with a protected bike lane.

Back