Definitely gettin things prepped…

F04E918A-94FA-4A13-879D-EE8ED2449677.jpeg
F7E0DE9F-0D18-4089-B3B1-99CBDF7FC307.jpeg

Went by there this morning, and still lots of action and plenty of workers on site. There was something happening on the north side of the parcel, like they had already drilled in some piles and filled with concrete maybe?
No drilling rig on site though.

The foundations will have to go down at least 8' to get below the frost line, by the time you do that you might as well do a parkade. The renders we have seen don't appear to have parking above grade, so if they aren't building a parkade they must have got one hell of a relaxation!

The podium levels are very nice. The tower is a spandrel covered monstrosity.

^^ really? I don’t see that much spandrel on it… 🤷🏻‍♂️

I don’t recall if we’ve seen these images…

https%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Fappforest_uf%2Ff1656621383667x666868412097953800%2F4th.png

https%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Fappforest_uf%2Ff1656621383162x399286647661986300%2F4th%25202.png

Between this project, Park Central, and Oliver, 4th street is on the cusp of becoming the Beltline's first real north-south high street. In fact, running from Prince's Island to the Elbow river, through Eau Claire, Downtown, the Beltline, and Mission, hitting an LRT station, the Core, Stephen Ave, Central Memorial Park, 17 Ave, 4th street is really the ONLY street that has the potential to become Calgary's equivalent to Yonge, Saint-Catherine, Robson, or Bank Street. The city should really be prioritizing it as a major pedestrian thoroughfare.

With the roadside patios now set up in Mission, it's already basically a two-way, one-lane street south of 17th. This should just be made permanent and continued north at least until 12 Ave (or maybe 8 Ave). Longer term, it should be completely redesigned through downtown and better integrated with Prince's Island/Eau Claire.

Between this project, Park Central, and Oliver, 4th street is on the cusp of becoming the Beltline's first real north-south high street. In fact, running from Prince's Island to the Elbow river, through Eau Claire, Downtown, the Beltline, and Mission, hitting an LRT station, the Core, Stephen Ave, Central Memorial Park, 17 Ave, 4th street is really the ONLY street that has the potential to become Calgary's equivalent to Yonge, Saint-Catherine, Robson, or Bank Street. The city should really be prioritizing it as a major pedestrian thoroughfare.
With the roadside patios now set up in Mission, it's already basically a two-way, one-lane street south of 17th. This should just be made permanent and continued north at least until 12 Ave (or maybe 8 Ave). Longer term, it should be completely redesigned through downtown and better integrated with Prince's Island/Eau Claire.
It’s one of my favourite streets in the City, and I think it’s low key underrated. It’s listed as a long term priority for Main Streets.

Back