Yikes, that's gotta hurt the developer who paid top of market based on an office building

If no office ... perhaps a hotel component? If it is all rental residential, that could mean 400+ suites at that height.

Interesting BK are looking at getting this project going instead of Portfolio 2. They must have determined that with Curtis Block, Strategic One and now Oxford Wexford Beltline, that is already lot of rental units going in within a couple of blocks of each other.

It's been a few years and the design has changed. You would think Quadreal would take this over now.

We need to stop bumping these dead projects. It's giving me anxiety and depression simultaneously 😂

With no office component I wonder if this one will be resurface?
For unknown reasons, Bentall Kennedy have been very inactive with their planned projects. This one has been in the planning stages for about 5 years. Portfolio (13th Ave & Center St) was stalled after only building. I think 4 more were planned for that block. It is not just the economy because other developers have forged ahead with purpose built rentals in the core.

Maybe they made a decision to be either in or out altogether, and given all of the other developments underway thought it best to be out for now.

Back