• So So

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Terrible

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
7BC66ADB-0A45-4909-9B7E-108870423A11.jpeg

Just about done setting up tables, layout and rebar should start tomorrow along with slab rough in’s

It's really just contractors pushing formwork companies to push their workers to go as fast as they can go. I've done my fair share of years in this trade to know it sucks big time. Social life and hobbies are destroyed. I'd rather see an extra day added to the slab cycle to keep workers mentally and physically healthy, even if that means an extra 30 days for build-out.

Contactors and trades companies in the industry need to collude to stop bidding jobs for such tight floor cycles. But then again, most don't care, they're in it to maximize their profits even if it puts workers last. The whole industry is in need of a big change. More and more formwork and concrete companies are relying on immigrants to fill positions because hardly any Canadians want to work in the industry. Other trades such as plumbing, HVAC, electricians, etc are still much better off in terms of work-life. Respect to the workers making this happen.

Last edited:
It's really just contractors pushing formwork companies to push their workers to go as fast as they can go. I've done my fair share of years in this trade to know it sucks big time. Social life and hobbies are destroyed. I'd rather see an extra day added to the slab cycle to keep workers mentally and physically healthy, even if that means an extra 30 days for build-out.

Contactors and trades companies in the industry need to collude to stop bidding jobs for such tight floor cycles. But then again, most don't care, they're in it to maximize their profits even if it puts workers last. The whole industry is in need of a big change. More and more formwork and concrete companies are relying on immigrants to fill positions because hardly any Canadian wants to work in the field. Other trades such as plumbing, HVAC, electricians, etc are still much better in terms of work-life. Respect to the workers making this happen.
A very honest take.

Back