Votes: 29 30.9%
  • So So

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Terrible

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
EV really has slowed down these past couple of years in terms of new developments. I would definitely like to see it pick up and finish up so we can focus on Victoria Park. At this point, I wouldn't even mind if the rest of the developments on those parking lots are 4-15 stories.

EV really has slowed down these past couple of years in terms of new developments. I would definitely like to see it pick up and finish up so we can focus on Victoria Park. At this point, I wouldn't even mind if the rest of the developments on those parking lots are 4-15 stories.
Agreed, all the parking lots really hurt the overall vibrancy of the east village. I'd love to see it fill up over the next 5 years

Yea and the worst part is, those parking lots are in the dead center of EV. CMLC's been hinting at some deals being closed for those lots for almost 2 years now. EV has everything going for it so don't know what the hold-up is. If I'm a developer looking to invest in an area of Calgary, EV would definitely be in my top 3 communities to pick from.

I think a market would do well in that location. I've always wanted a market of some kind in one of those empty lots along the south side of the CP tracks. This location is around the geographical centre of the CBD and the Beltline and is a decent walking decent from anywhere in those two neighborhoods. A market building with a couple of residential mid-rises at the east and west end of the lot could work nicely.

I think a market would do well in that location. I've always wanted a market of some kind in one of those empty lots along the south side of the CP tracks. This location is around the geographical centre of the CBD and the Beltline and is a decent walking decent from anywhere in those two neighborhoods. A market building with a couple of residential mid-rises at the east and west end of the lot could work nicely.
Maybe a market like the one you've described could be part of the city's downtown revitalization plan? Technically that spot is in the Beltline, but there is also another empty lot on the north side of the tracks that could be used. The city could use money from the revitalization plan to buy the lot, and then work with a developer and retailer to build the market.

9830A3CE-748C-4524-87C3-E31ACB659867.jpeg

Maybe a market like the one you've described could be part of the city's downtown revitalization plan? Technically that spot is in the Beltline, but there is also another empty lot on the north side of the tracks that could be used. The city could use money from the revitalization plan to buy the lot, and then work with a developer and retailer to build the market.
It would be awesome if there was a farmers market in the downtown! One of my favourite places to go when I lived in Toronto was the St. Lawrence Market. I can't picture myself ever having an interest in driving out to the new Calgary Farmers Market in Greenwich, but am fortunate enough to have the Farmers & Makers Market at cSPACE close by for ~5-6 months of the year. If a rail link is ever built between Calgary and Banff, and Calgary builds a central rail terminal, it should incorporate a farmers market at the same location.

Also, "Greenwich"? Give me a break! I find it annoying when developers market their suburban neighbourhoods as "urban". "Inspired by the Manhattan neighbourhood of the same name, Greenwich is urban living in northwest Calgary" and "New York City Style in Northwest Calgary". 🤮

It would be awesome if there was a farmers market in the downtown! One of my favourite places to go when I lived in Toronto was the St. Lawrence Market. I can't picture myself ever having an interest in driving out to the new Calgary Farmers Market in Greenwich, but am fortunate enough to have the Farmers & Makers Market at cSPACE close by for ~5-6 months of the year. If a rail link is ever built between Calgary and Banff, and Calgary builds a central rail terminal, it should incorporate a farmers market at the same location.

I dream of the day that they finally demolish that god awful base around the Calgary Tower and replace it with a Central Station with trains to Banff, Edmonton, and the Airport

Back