• So So

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Terrible

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
20190817_120231.jpg

The East Village is made of interesting community focused developments with curbside retail. This development doesn't deserve to be a part of it. I am pleased to see it completed. I hope it heightens demand for those blocks instead of delaying them by adding to the inventory.

The East Village is made of interesting community focused developments with curbside retail. This development doesn't deserve to be a part of it. I am pleased to see it completed. I hope it heightens demand for those blocks instead of delaying them by adding to the inventory.

The plan for this block and that to the south has always been for larger-floor plate retail versus more fine grained retail to the east. A successful neighbourhood has a combination of the two. Certain retailers, like grocery stores, require these much larger floorplates. The neighbourhood, as well as those adjacent, would be worse off without a project like this and the distinct retail tenants it brings.

Yeah I agree. Putting a grocery store right next to a station on the downtown free fare zone is a great idea. Having both that and a Shoppers will be a boon to this neighbourhood, not a detractor.

The plan for this block and that to the south has always been for larger-floor plate retail versus more fine grained retail to the east. A successful neighbourhood has a combination of the two. Certain retailers, like grocery stores, require these much larger floorplates. The neighbourhood, as well as those adjacent, would be worse off without a project like this and the distinct retail tenants it brings.

I disagree an urban neighbourhood requires large format stores in order to be successful. The issue with the larger catchment areas of large format is the dependency to drive for many patrons as walking with a shopping buggy is impractical. Large format can also be introduced in such a way that it doesn't look like a big box mall The CMLC has done something special in steering the direction of urban development for the rest of the The East Village and this big box development is just like any other big box development; urban or suburban. It's out of recoginition and respect for what CMLC has done with the rest that I find it undeserving. Has nothing to do with the added convenience this development will deliver.

Taken literally seconds ago. They’re wasting no time, rebar is already erected with forms going in place.

CE8022CE-CCC7-405F-933D-6F314DE42D17.jpeg

Back