B5D956D0-8B0C-448C-BFDB-E6ABA806AFF0.jpeg

I really like how these towers are turning out, but I wish there was a greater stepback from the podium. I love the density in Vic Park but the sheer tower walls create a bit too much of a downtown canyon feeling that may not be the best for neighbourhood vibrancy. I could be wrong here. Wedding cake design shouldn't be the rule, but I find most great buildings work with a simple design constraint well like stepbacks.

I really like how these towers are turning out, but I wish there was a greater stepback from the podium. I love the density in Vic Park but the sheer tower walls create a bit too much of a downtown canyon feeling that may not be the best for neighbourhood vibrancy. I could be wrong here. Wedding cake design shouldn't be the rule, but I find most great buildings work with a simple design constraint well like stepbacks.
From what I remember from the Rivers District Master Plan 12th Ave and Macleod Trail are supposed to have most of the density in the neighbourhood with buildings north of 11th Ave being mostly medium density giving a neighbourhood centre type feel.

From what I remember from the Rivers District Master Plan 12th Ave and Macleod Trail are supposed to have most of the density in the neighbourhood with buildings north of 11th Ave being mostly medium density giving a neighbourhood centre type feel.

Variety is good. I like the pockets of lower to mid rise buildings in the beltline community.

The upper level colour change on the north building has started, the platform to install the brick on the first section of the podium went up earlier this week, and one of the 2020 BUMP murals is going in on Stampede station to help spruce up the area.

20200807_102449.jpg
20200807_102501.jpg
20200807_102512.jpg

Great pictures, but it just occurred to me that that bridge in the last picture is so utilitarian it really detracts from what is otherwise a great urban vista. I wish we would would have invested in something nicer for the stampede grounds, which are visited by 100s of 1000s of tourists every year (usually).

Back