Cal Francisco.

53376485055_8ebff7ed06_o.jpg

Well there is that whole block of Bridgeland (2 ave NE) where they closed the street off. I don't know if that was traffic calming or whether the slope was impassible for part of the year or what.

I used to live in Knob Hill and I think both it and the hilly part of South Calgary worked out well enough. It was a little treacherous in the winter though.

The famous architect Marcus Aurelius once said "What stands in the way becomes the way". Tough geography, archaic rules, absurd client requests, funky hazards to get around...all that stuff can make for interesting architecture and cities. The very challenge is what leads to interesting creative thinking. Personally I find nothing more terrifying than a clean blank slate.

Last edited:
The famous architect Marcus Aurelius once said "What stands in the way becomes the way". Tough geography, archaic rules, absurd client requests, funky hazards to get around...all that stuff can make for interesting architecture and cities. The very challenge is what leads to interesting creative thinking. Personally I find nothing more terrifying than a clean blank slate.
This is literally the premise of every episode of "Grand Design"; and that's what makes it so great!

Back