Do you support the proposal for the new arena?

• Yes

Votes: 88 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 39 28.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 9 6.6%

• Total voters
Ontario investors will be declined from buying units here until the arena is built?

Edmonton is currently paving the site of Ice District phase 2 with asphalt. Stadiums do not generate additional investment in the city. They may draw investment away from other areas of the city.

Correct me if anyone else has posted this, but it looks like the Cowboys Tent during Stampede will be located on the Event Centre grounds for 2023. Meaning we won't see shovels anytime soon.
https://developmentmap.calgary.ca/?find=DP2022-07513

Including a Tree Protection Zone!
1670285798836.png

How long does it take to agree on an arena?!?! Like I don't understand why they don't just continuously meet in the span of 3 months and get it over with. Also why does the tent need to be there? Cant they just use the millions of parking space around the Saddledome instead of that specific spot lot lol. Like I don't get what is so hard to get any major thing done here. Green line is another example.

How long does it take to agree on an arena?!?! Like I don't understand why they don't just continuously meet in the span of 3 months and get it over with. Also why does the tent need to be there? Cant they just use the millions of parking space around the Saddledome instead of that specific spot lot lol. Like I don't get what is so hard to get any major thing done here. Green line is another example.
Have to agree on why it failed, to assembly a plan to avoid that failure again.

All parties have to agree on who is paying for what. It is an absolute certainty that this arena based on original design is going to cost a whole lot more than originally budgeted. Even if everyone agrees on a number to start, there will be cost overruns as construction progresses. Don't be surprised if we end up with an inferior product to what was shown a year or so ago.

Last edited:

Back