IMG_0300.jpg

God damn the price point per sf is high on this one. Seeing asking $psf in east village for $510-550psf and listings in this project for $640-675psf. I mean damn that seems elevated for wood frame but maybe im out to lunch, they must have a target demographic in mind that’ll pay that

God damn the price point per sf is high on this one. Seeing asking $psf in east village for $510-550psf and listings in this project for $640-675psf. I mean damn that seems elevated for wood frame but maybe im out to lunch, they must have a target demographic in mind that’ll pay that
young docs who work at the hospitals nearby and want an urban neighbourhood without having to live downtown would be my guess

Because this is out of the core, this is arguably the most urban type of area you’ll find in the city that’s free from some of the issues that plague downtown neighbourhoods, crime, homeless people, etc.
I agree - I also believe that this is the most urban you can get outside of the inner neighbourhoods without the congestion, noise and crime (also not affected by flooding?..) I like this new urban planned development but the prices are fairly high - especially given that this is a leasehold agreement with the university.

NGL, I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes one of the most desirable neighborhoods in the city with a couple years. It has all the benefits of inner city living without a lot of the cons (as previously mentioned), not to mention it's arguably better planned than Calgary's inner city neighborhoods. Once this becomes established and the trees start to mature this will be once of the nicest places in the city.

NGL, I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes one of the most desirable neighborhoods in the city with a couple years. It has all the benefits of inner city living without a lot of the cons (as previously mentioned), not to mention it's arguably better planned than Calgary's inner city neighborhoods. Once this becomes established and the trees start to mature this will be once of the nicest places in the city.
Does anyone know how many units and people is University District supposed to have at full build out?

Back