News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Which mayoral candidate do you intend to vote for in 2021?

• Jeremy Farkas

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Jyoti Gondek

Votes: 43 72.9%
  • Brad Field

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jan Damery

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Jeff Davison

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm reminded of your assessment of COVID in July...
The assessment was from the data available and assessed by the office of the Alberta Chief Medical Officer of Health. You will get your union friendly Mayor and city council though. Union money buys a lot of lawn signs.

Got a pamphlet from election Alberta the other day. I was flipping through it and man I gotta say, the Senate appointment process is BS. It just gives you a list of candidates, all of whom are either conservatives, independents, or PPC.
PXL_20211008_125003475.jpg

I have a funny feeling that in a month from now we're going to end up with some PPC hack voted into the Senate on our behalf.

Got a pamphlet from election Alberta the other day. I was flipping through it and man I gotta say, the Senate appointment process is BS. It just gives you a list of candidates, all of whom are either conservatives, independents, or PPC. View attachment 354382
I have a funny feeling that in a month from now we're going to end up with some PPC hack voted into the Senate on our behalf.

The bigger the joke this senate “election” is, the easier it is for Trudeau to ignore it and appoint whoever he likes. Looking at this list, looks like a pretty big joke.

The week is wrapping up, and as people plan to vote this weekend, one thing is clear: only two candidates have a shot of winning this. The choice between Farkas and Gondek isn't a hard one to make for me, even if both are flawed candidates in their own ways. But what I do know is that freezing taxes will serverely undermine the ability of the city to invest in services, and trying to increasing funding to some services while maintaining a tax freeze is a recipe for service cuts.

The week is wrapping up, and as people plan to vote this weekend, one thing is clear: only two candidates have a shot of winning this. The choice between Farkas and Gondek isn't a hard one to make for me, even if both are flawed candidates in their own ways. But what I do know is that freezing taxes will serverely undermine the ability of the city to invest in services, and trying to increasing funding to some services while maintaining a tax freeze is a recipe for service cuts.
To the craziness of freezing taxes, add the extra craziness of doing it without touching - and potentially growing - the city's largest budget line (the police). And yet more craziness of reducing the tax base by freezing development in single family home neighbourhoods.

It's the kind of fairy tale policy agenda you'd expect from someone who spent his career working for a think tank without ever having to actually accomplish or manage anything. His absence of any accomplishments on council is more confirmation of this.

That sums it up. Whatever the flaws are of Gondek or other candidates, Farkas is completely flawed, so it's an easy decision.

Centre right? Centre maybe, but I'd say more left of centre. I've read through her campaign literature and there isn't much that gives me a centre right feeling. Just curious why you'd think she is centre right?
Agree with you. I don't see her as centre right at all, but one could make an argument that she's in the middle.

IMHO

left end of spectrumcentre leftcentrecentre rightright end of spectrum
Jan DameryJyoti GondekJeff Davison and Brad FieldJeromy Farkas

I guess if it depends on what you're trying to represent. Sure, relative positioning, that may be correct. But for what the various promises are? Jamery ends up in the centre, maybe a bit centre left, and the rest end up further right.

Back