Great pictures, but it just occurred to me that that bridge in the last picture is so utilitarian it really detracts from what is otherwise a great urban vista. I wish we would would have invested in something nicer for the stampede grounds, which are visited by 100s of 1000s of tourists every year (usually).
Agree 100 percent.

Great pictures, but it just occurred to me that that bridge in the last picture is so utilitarian it really detracts from what is otherwise a great urban vista. I wish we would would have invested in something nicer for the stampede grounds, which are visited by 100s of 1000s of tourists every year (usually).
Agreed. The skyline vista from that location has really come around in the last few years. I'm guessing when they built the bridge (circa 1985 iirc) there wasn't much going in then. Still it would be nice to see something like the bridge they built further south.

Noticed the other night that there are some sections of glass up on the ground floor of the podium on the north side. I don't have a picture but it looks quite good.
Pre-glass
1597269198284.png

When that bridge was built the City looked largely like a soviet block.

Back