8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

UrbanWarrior

Member Bio
Reaction score
Figured since we are emerging as one of Canada’s primary economic regions, and despite delusions to the contrary neither city are becoming the “next Detroit” due to the oil downturn, it is time for us to have a joint economic development thread.

Both cities are attracting an insane amount of venture capital investment - I know Calgary smashed our previous record this year - for tech industry, and the whole province is finally starting to transition away from the carbon economy. Despite the apparent bleakness in the world and even on our own doorstep, there is a lot for us to look forward to.

Please remain civil, despite the rivalry between the cities.

Oh and thank @ChazYEG for being the inspiration for creating this new cooperative thread.

Figured since we are emerging as one of Canada’s primary economic regions, and despite delusions to the contrary neither city are becoming the “next Detroit” due to the oil downturn, it is time for us to have a joint economic development thread.

Both cities are attracting an insane amount of venture capital investment - I know Calgary smashed our previous record this year - for tech industry, and the whole province is finally starting to transition away from the carbon economy. Despite the apparent bleakness in the world and even on our own doorstep, there is a lot for us to look forward to.

Please remain civil, despite the rivalry between the cities.

Oh and thank @ChazYEG for being the inspiration for creating this new cooperative thread.
Don't know why, I can still access it, here

Back