Shhhh!

-Someone who lives adjacent to the upzoned area along the north side of 1st ave

(in seriousness, it would be great for the community and the city, I just hope it doesn’t suck too much for me personally. Our plan is to ride out this house until death)
I think eventually the north side will be developed, but hopefully the developments are low rise buildings 2-4 floors. It doesn't need to be any higher really.

I think eventually the north side will be developed, but hopefully the developments are low rise buildings 2-4 floors. It doesn't need to be any higher really.
I agree, and I personally think stepping down density as it approaches areas of single family housing is best. It's currently zoned for 6 stories.

IMO, put the 6 story stuff beside some 4 story stuff, beside some 3 story row housing or side by sides, then single family housing. Then you get nice diverse housing stock, and a gentle transition of density. But I digress.

I agree, and I personally think stepping down density as it approaches areas of single family housing is best. It's currently zoned for 6 stories.

IMO, put the 6 story stuff beside some 4 story stuff, beside some 3 story row housing or side by sides, then single family housing. Then you get nice diverse housing stock, and a gentle transition of density. But I digress.
Eventually, 50 or so years from now, as the number of lots available for high dense development dwindles in the inner city, the low-density housing stock will begin being converted to high-density as well (as seen in bigger cities like Vancouver, Toronto, and Montreal). So when it comes to transitioning zoning in the inner city, I don't think it really matters in the long game. More of a nuisance for current homeowners right now.

Crane is up.
Confirmed!

DSC_4175.jpg

It's weird how, while Kensington seems to be faltering, Bridgeland and Inglewood are firing on all cylinders.
Strange how things change over time. I remember when Bridgeland's development was frustratingly slow, and now it's the hottest. And Kensington has picked up considerably since 2019.

Back