I think they intend to go for their Tomkins Park hotel development after the Fifth. Both Fishman's and Sentinel have later start dates - 2022 and 2024 respectively - than Royal Park (Tomkins Park Hotel) at 2021.

No way guys, I'm rooting for their Hotel across Tomkins Park! 17th badly needs a hotel and it'll just make the whole area even more vibrant than it already is. One step closer to its full potential as Tourist/nightlife hotspot area.
On one hand a hotel on 17th would be kick ass, on the other hand the Fishmans proposal is pretty dope.

I wouldn't mind seeing the building on the SW corner of 17 and 5 staying if a brew pub with an enormous patio moved into the space. Replace that heinous (with a capital "einous" 🤣) rock garden nightmare into some nice landscaping around the patio. It is a large empty building perfectly suited for a business like that, in a fantastic location. ASI doesn't need to change any of their plans, the Royal Park Hotel proposal is in a way better spot than that anyways.

Better spot for sure. I’m just resistant to a long unitized facade there over the diversity that’s giving the street character now.

Plus Buon Giorno. Don’t mess with my Italian bro.

That parking lot on 5th would be a great patio spot.

I wouldn't mind seeing the building on the SW corner of 17 and 5 staying if a brew pub with an enormous patio moved into the space. Replace that heinous (with a capital "einous" 🤣) rock garden nightmare into some nice landscaping around the patio. It is a large empty building perfectly suited for a business like that, in a fantastic location. ASI doesn't need to change any of their plans, the Royal Park Hotel proposal is in a way better spot than that anyways.
Wow, didn't realize how badly I wanted this.

This is a really good point. This corner could become what manchester industrial offers for their brew pub experience ( and is exactly what Dandy Brewing is doing). Just need a minor site face lift, but the building form works.

Yeah man. It's even on the cycle track network and within a couple hundred meters of two other brew pubs.. it needs to happen.

Once The Fifth is complete, maybe this will next?
Good question, I would imagine they take down the 17th Ave and 14 st project if it’s rental and have the cash/financing available. ASI might need a cash injection so maybe a derisked, smaller for-sale project if they have the site with land use on. Just speculation 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, Royal Park (the hotel) is by far my preferred option.

Back