I do hope that some elements of the concept design can be retained including the staggered floors to minimize shadowing on the north side of street and the retail fronting 17th Ave. Hopefully, this also spurs development of its neighbours in the former Purr building that has sat empty for years now.

I do hope that some elements of the concept design can be retained including the staggered floors to minimize shadowing on the north side of street and the retail fronting 17th Ave. Hopefully, this also spurs development of its neighbours in the former Purr building that has sat empty for years now.
I'm sorry to bring the bad news on this one. I received this in the mail today. Calgary won't see many amazing designs come to fruition without a crazy hot and dense housing market.
Nonetheless, I can't be a cynic all the time. I'm still happy to see this project taking off.

PXL_20220712_011635244.MP.jpg
PXL_20220712_011646802.MP.jpg

Although not as striking as the original rendering, this one is very solid. In some ways it's better in the way that there is less tower portion near 17th ave. We get a really nice podium fronting onto 17th with good density in the backdrop.

My support to this hinges on the all year sun shadowing diagram of the Ship and Anchor patio.

I think it's far enough back and away that it probably won't make much a difference - but can't be too careful here. If there's ever a function for shadowing diagrams this is it :cool:

I knew the original renders were too good to be true but this is still a big win over what we have on the lot currently. As ASI completes more projects, I do hope they continue to gravitate towards more high quality designs like Bucci or Bosa.

Back