MichaelS

Member Bio
Reaction score
The DP has been submitted for the final two towers of London at Heritage Station. The drawings don't carry forward the name, so for now the thread is called Heritage Station Towers. I think this is now the 3rd iteration of this design, but the first 2 pre-date this forum, so I couldn't find a thread for it.

Not a lot of renderings, just this one on the cover:
1702595249843.png

Based on the site plan, the towers themselves will be bowed out a bit, to create an angle with the existing two buildings, presumably for sightline purposes (as in, making it harder to look directly into someone elses apartment).
1702595327836.png

Here is a rendering of the original vision.
1702595374317.png

For the other old timers on here, who else will forever have the radio jingle for the condo sales burned into their brain from 2005/6ish? "I like London London London......."

This is the other one I mentioned earlier in the week along with One's tower on the TransAlta site in Beltline. I much prefer it to the London, London, London design...

Wouldn't it be wonderful if both this and the new towers at Brentwood Co-op get underway in the next couple years? Not quite TO or Vancouver-scale TOD, but maybe Ottawa level...

I guess I got an early Christmas present this year with a real highrise outside the core! I wonder if these towers will have a parkade built? I worked on the massive parkade under the Save on Foods in 2014. I believe it was also being constructed to include parking for these future towers, but I could be wrong.

They could look a lot nicer. It's a short term win to see the dirt patch developed. How they look will matter more ten years after being built.

Reminds me of Seventeen West. This could turn out okay with similar cladding. It will be a fail with EIFS panels or standard dark grey aluminum

Back