The land use for this application goes to CPC this week:
Report, Background Info, CA Letter, UDRP Commentary, DP Summary
1636993645245.png

1636993681700.png

I’m with the rest of you, I’m not a fan of the amount of different materials. I’m a big fan of the overall scale and general design, especially the fourth floor, terraces and rooftop deck.
These type of buildings provide good lifestyle, outdoor space options.

It fits perfectly with the extant scale of the street. Not a bad project. At least it’s only 3 colours and not 6 🤣

Edit: wooops scratch that. Didn’t notice the blue and yellow accents…

Also it could be because they have a new architect and a new design. New architect ACE Architecture, and the building is now 5 floors, 16m, with 59 units. Personally, I like this design better. It's not near as busy, and the brick and larger windows are an upgrade.
The new design's permit is still under review DMAP

Image9.jpg
Image11.jpg
Image10.jpg

I cant remember if I posted a proposal we did for that site. My apologies If I already did. We proposed 54 units. These were some massing studies we did close to the end of conceptual. View attachment 357470View attachment 357471View attachment 357472
I remember seeing this. I think they were targetting TD bank never transacted on the land and walked away. The design is over height and the community was really against going above 16m right after the main street design specified 16m. Contrary to the statement made no one contacted the current owner about this proposal.

Much better.
We had to change the design. Unfortunately the initial design team had a very serious health issue with a lead team member that was unfortunate. When we went to the IFT stage there were tons of inconsistencies in the parkade with grades that really were fatal to the design. This one was inspired by initial comments about using more brick on the building. It actually is four stories instead of a rooftop deck the forth story units are stepped back and smaller however to be unique at the roof deck level they have loft mezzanines.

Back