Ummm. Woah. What?!? Hell yes!

I wish people knew how to use a scramble here. At Eau Claire you have pedestrians going on green but not walk, which defeats the purpose, and you have have drivers turning on red. Not that I 100% blame a pedestrian for crossing on green/no walk. You have to do that in some intersections.

I wish people knew how to use a scramble here. At Eau Claire you have pedestrians going on green but not walk, which defeats the purpose, and you have have drivers turning on red. Not that I 100% blame a pedestrian for crossing on green/no walk. You have to do that in some intersections.
See a scramble on 11th and 4th? I'm not sure there is a need for that. I could get behind one on 17th and 4th or 8th.

Those Eau Claire scrambles are poorly implemented. The lights are timed too long for vehicles and most of the movement is North/South. The addition of the scramble just makes the wait even longer, hence the crossing on green.

See a scramble on 11th and 4th? I'm not sure there is a need for that. I could get behind one on 17th and 4th or 8th.

Those Eau Claire scrambles are poorly implemented. The lights are timed too long for vehicles and most of the movement is North/South. The addition of the scramble just makes the wait even longer, hence the crossing on green.
I was going to say that as well (4th and 17th), instead, the city has now made that intersection even more unfriendly to pedestrians. Advanced turns for both lefts off 17th 🤦🏻‍♂️ like a minute advance for the westbound, and then a minute for east.

I was going to say that as well (4th and 17th), instead, the city has now made that intersection even more unfriendly to pedestrians. Advanced turns for both lefts off 17th 🤦🏻‍♂️ like a minute advance for the westbound, and then a minute for east.
To be fair, it's probably a lot safer for pedestrians now. They've removed the rush for vehicles to turn against traffic and over the marked crossing. Now I'm fully on team scramble for that intersection.

Back