News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Would that be an indicator of a weakening condo market if a developer chose to not do density in a approved higher density parcel?
No, just means the project pencils out better due to cost/ease of construction, amount of units they think that can be absorbed in that basin, timelines for completion, ROE/IRR, etc.

A combo of both I think. I always thought the finished build would look a lot less dense than the rendering, with less high-rise towers, but I thought the build would be quicker, given it was a quasi greenfield type site, and in a good location.. We've seen more builds in Marda Loop where there is opposition to everything built.
while a good location, it still does not have a walkable anchor. University District got this right by having Save-On in a quite early stage. Guaranteed that did not come at zero cost to the developer.

I know Currie hasn’t really taken off, was it just overly ambitious? Or just not enough demand for housing there?

Hasn't Currie always been a few years away? Expect it to move much quicker once the U/D starts to fill out. Won't be surprised if they eventually scale it down though...

Back