News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Recovery has beens steady for sure, we should see a decent pick up in 2022 especially with the PCR requirements becoming looser and looser. Its be interesting to see what airlines we can get back. British, Frontier, Hainan all dropped YYC but it's likely we see British back, Decent shot at Frontier, not so much Hainan. Icelandair also dropped YEG so who knows maybe they restart AB service here? (< they'll probably stick to YEG)

So far we've regained service or received confirmation of seasonal service from:

KLM
Condor
Edelweiss
Eurowings

WestJet Link has announced their first Transborder route, Pacific Coastal has applied to the USDOT to operate YYC/YVR - Spokane.

No firm starting date yet.

It’s always struck me as weird that you can’t fly from western Canada into the inland US northwest.

will we ever get a Calgary-Montana direct flight?

Could be next? YYC-Billings could be a potential route, I think it used to exist in the past.

I remember seeing some old routing maps from the 50's or 60's and im fairly certain that YYC used to connect with a few cities in Washington, Idaho and Montana.

Bozeman, Missoula or Kalispell could all have potential for a flight considering the draw the rockies have for Euro visitors if WJ was able to time Link flights with international arrivals i'm sure they could make a few Link routes work

Lynx Air has been dropping hints about their first routes on their Instagram page, posting photos of Vancouver and Toronto, so unsurprisingly YYC-YYZ and YVR are probably locks for routes.

Also, Westjet flights from YYC to London-Gatwick will remain year round even with the Heathrow announcement.

Landed back in the city today, noticed that the renovations to Concourse C have been finished, the whole terminal looks a lot nicer and feels a lot more spacious. reminded me of a lot of the newer terminals at airports in The States. Theres only a couple retail units yet to be leased.

IMG_9843.jpeg

IMG_9844.jpeg

The renovated hammerhead on C concourse gives off a very YVR vibe with the blue carpets. I kind of wish they had stuck with the grey carpets with the subtle red accents that were installed as part of the renos between the A and B wings though. Either way, the absolute biggest travesty is the new carpet installed in the rest of the C wing. Why they would install a busy carpet with accents that I think are best described as 'Raging Red' in an airport setting where people are already highly stressed and prone to air rage incidents is a head scratcher to me.

20211215_010425.jpg

Lynx Air is teasing what is (presumably) the announcement of their first destinations for January 14th (AKA tomorrow) on their Instagram feed. Considering we're the main hub, id expect we'd maybe get a couple haha

Back