Market opportunity for a retail management company? Residential owner hires retail property manager, I imagine most of the work could be done remotely. Lease cycles are usually 5-10 years, so it would be relatively easy to manage a large number of buildings.
What's the relative market rent costs between Calgary's walkable retail areas? Is there public information available?

I assume Kensington is popular, but don't know how it ranks in sales /cost / vacancy to other clusters like Marda Loop, 17th Avenue, Mission, Inglewood etc. Anyone have some intel and access to data?

Market opportunity for a retail management company? Residential owner hires retail property manager, I imagine most of the work could be done remotely. Lease cycles are usually 5-10 years, so it would be relatively easy to manage a large number of buildings.
Retail is fickle. The preference for any residential holding company would be to unload the few ground floor CRUs . The exception may be in a high end established cluster which is a license to print money.

This one goes to Planning Commission on Thursday:
Report, Background, DP Drawings, Applicant Submission, CA Response

1712607293430.png

1712607314160.png

1712607347861.png

1712607371971.png

1712607393127.png

We need interest rates to come down to unlock some capital... That is the boxiest boxed box I've seen. Without the balconies it'd be even worse.

I know it's sort of boxy but I like it. Massing and scale are appropriate for Kensington, although I do think 15 floors is as high as we should go in Kensington. Keep the heights lower in Kensington and let developers build the big towers in downtown, Beltline and hopefully around some future TODs.

It’s just really… not good. We have nicer stuff going on in the suburbs. There should be a standard for buildings in the inner city, and this doesn’t meet the standard by any measure. The bottom two floors are cute… 🤷🏻‍♂️

Will make Annex look really good with this as a neighbour lol. I'd fully expect the wood slats on the balconies to get VE'd out as well.

JEMM is now calling this Kit at Kensington:
From the Development Vision section... they go into great detail about the design but from the pictures they put up, I can't shake off seeing the original "insperation" is an FAR rendering 🤣

Back