Would be great to see this go ahead, and keep Kensington’s momentum going.
I’m trying to think when the last time Kensington was idle with no multi-family projects under construction. Must have been at least 2011/2012 before Pixel started construction.
Whatever the time, its been at least 10 years, and the area has seen at least 10 developments with more than 50 units.

Last edited:
I’m trying to think when the last time Kensington was idle with no multi-family projects under construction. Must have been at least 2011/2012 before Pixel started construction.
Whatever the time, its been at least 10 years, and the area has seen at least 10 developments with more than 50 units.
There are a couple that started even before pixel, if I’m remembering my dates correctly. There is the one on the south east corner of fifth Avenue and 14th St., and there was Ven as well. If memory serves me correctly, van was finishing up around the time pixel was starting.

There are a couple that started even before pixel, if I’m remembering my dates correctly. There is the one on the south east corner of fifth Avenue and 14th St., and there was Ven as well. If memory serves me correctly, van was finishing up around the time pixel was starting.
The one on the SE corner of 14th st and 5th ave started back in 2008. Ven started around 2013/2014. Looking back through some old pics, it appears St John's 10th was the beginning of this long running chain of development. St John's broke ground July, 2011 and Pixel broke ground Dec 2011. There has been at least one or more larger multi-family project u/c since July of 2011. It's a pretty solid run for a neighborhood, averaging one a year for 12 years.

The projects I can think of built or u/c since that time are the following, and in order of construction start (if I have things straight)

St John's 95 units
Pixel 98 units
Ven 115 units
Lido 80 units
The Kensington 77 units
Ezra 100 units
Aspen & Bow 93 Units
Victoria on 5th 90 units
Annex 104 units
Archer 39 units
The Theodore 114 units
The Hive 140 units

12 projects in 12 years totaling 1145 units in a relatively small area.

The one on the SE corner of 14th st and 5th ave started back in 2008. Ven started around 2013/2014. Looking back through some old pics, it appears St John's 10th was the beginning of this long running chain of development. St John's broke ground July, 2011 and Pixel broke ground Dec 2011. There has been at least one or more larger multi-family project u/c since July of 2011. It's a pretty solid run for a neighborhood, averaging one a year for 12 years.

The projects I can think of built or u/c since that time are the following, and in order of construction start (if I have things straight)

St John's 95 units
Pixel 98 units
Ven 115 units
Lido 80 units
The Kensington 77 units
Ezra 100 units
Aspen & Bow 93 Units
Victoria on 5th 90 units
Annex 104 units
Archer 39 units
The Theodore 114 units
The Hive 140 units

And at least three more proposals in the area 😎

For this Thursday night’s action, I’ll happily post SP’s meme.

IMG_4104.jpeg

IMG_4102.jpeg

St John's 95 units
Pixel 98 units
Ven 115 units
Lido 80 units
The Kensington 77 units
Ezra 100 units
Aspen & Bow 93 Units
Victoria on 5th 90 units
Annex 104 units
Archer 39 units
The Theodore 114 units
The Hive 140 units

1200 new units in 12 years is some solid and steady growth. Especially when you consider most of it is within a a block or two of 10th St.
If Kensington could continue to add an average of 100 units per year, it’ll do very well, although I would like to see that more like 200 a year 😊

Back