Is this a library from the 1960's? I would hope considering it's context of a historical street like 9 ave, and being directly adjacent from The Nash they would try and fit into the character of the community. Maybe have some different material choices for at-grade? I dunno, maybe some brick. Just a thought.
To be honest, I like its modern look, I think Inglewood has lots of brick, and it's nice to have something contrast it.

Agreed, those two corner lots at that intersection will be game changers when developed. From what I've heard, the NW lot (with the CIBC and ninth avenue auto is supposed to have a mixed used development with retail/hotel/residential developed by RNDSQR. Not sure if that's just a rumour but I've heard it quite a few times now from various sources.
I've heard that too. where's there's smoke there's often fire.

Having this one and the RNDSQR site developed would be amazing. I also think Avli/South Bank will be great additions to the neighborhood. Seems to me that Inglewood may take on a Gastown feel once there's more vibrancy and quality development completed!

If I were a betting man, I would be money on it ;)
I've heard that too. where's there's smoke there's often fire.
Agreed, those two corner lots at that intersection will be game changers when developed. From what I've heard, the NW lot (with the CIBC and ninth avenue auto is supposed to have a mixed used development with retail/hotel/residential developed by RNDSQR. Not sure if that's just a rumour but I've heard it quite a few times now from various sources.

Guess someone needs to get our buns out to the Development Permit office to check it out!

No development permit, just a zoning application. Changing the rules on the parcel of land, not an actual building design.

yup, I'm sure there will be battles over the height of all these proposed projects. I sometimes wonder if all these people are factoring that in intentionally. Propose 12 storeys but land on 8 storeys which they know they probably wouldn't get if they came out of the gates with that.

Last edited:
It's only conceptual, so hard to say how it'll look, but so far I like the use and the general scale. As for the massing, I would like to see a little more variation on the north side. It's a lot of glass. Outside of that it's going to be great to get rid of one of the last remaining parking lots along 9th SE and a crappy parking lot at that.

I don't disagree with the scale, but i can't get excited as this is essentially a massing envelope. Is there an architect signed on?

So this one has had a change to their land use that is being proposed, with a different massing now, going for a point tower similar to Hungerford further west:
1590034363611.png

1590034418656.png

1590034446115.png

1590034471489.png

1590034503404.png

1590034522304.png

Based on the current issue of the Inglewood Community Association's newsletter, I don't think this one has their support (starting on page 8):

This is why we can’t have nice things ?

I don't think we have to worry about this one ever being built. This company never moves forward with projects. Just land flippers. That's why their renders are just massing. No point in developing it further.

Last edited:

Back