Those are very nice and all, but don't we have enough cold boxy modernism? One of the reasons I've always liked this building is the PoMo-ness of it all, and to me the arched windows are an essential part of that. Plus they pair well with the rounded corner of the building.
TBH, I'd also prefer something less cold and boxy, but I couldn't think of anything that would go well with the green marble. For me those round windows with the gold trim scream the words Douglasdale and Sundance. lol. I dunno, I do like the round pomo window on Bankers Hall East though.

Well, it's definitely of a place and time. PoMo is not universally loved at the moment...but sometimes architectural styles go through a weird and awkward period where they are ignored or hated...but enough time passes and they come out on the other side being appreciated again, even if just for their quirkiness. Hopefully this one sticks around to find out.

TBH, I'd also prefer something less cold and boxy, but I couldn't think of anything that would go well with the green marble. For me those round windows with the gold trim scream the words Douglasdale and Sundance. lol. I dunno, I do like the round pomo window on Bankers Hall East though.

Rounded windows always scream late 80s / early 90s Chinook to me.
tumblr_ntv3qce5Ko1uv77tpo1_1280.jpg

Back