• Terrible

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Surrealplaces

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Apparently developer Hines is looking into developing a two tower (32 and 40floor) 400 unit development in Calgary. Targeting start time of fall 2017. The development permit has been submitted and word is they are tendering contracts and doing some costing.

Latest renderings

Image17.jpg
Image20.jpg
Image19.jpg
Image18 (1).jpg
Image23 (1).jpg
Image21 (1).jpg
Image22 (1).jpg

Attachments

• Image17.jpg
    Image17.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 12,002
  • Image20.jpg
    Image20.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 7,779
  • Image19.jpg
    Image19.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 7,325
  • Image18 (1).jpg
    Image18 (1).jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 5,926
  • Image23 (1).jpg
    Image23 (1).jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 5,588
  • Image21 (1).jpg
    Image21 (1).jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 4,893
  • Image22 (1).jpg
    Image22 (1).jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 4,611
Last edited:
:eek:

I like it. (I like pretty much anything tall.) What's the location? I can see the south aspect of 8th Ave Place in the background. So I'm guessing that this is somewhere in the rough area of Memorial Park?

Looks good, nice bit of retail out the base and a couple of tall towers looks like the intersection at four Street and 11th Ave. is that the location?

The timing is very strange though, right now everything is in a downturn you would think that this is a few years away before it ever gets built.

It's actually a different project now, and unfortunately I only have the old Procura rendering, but have been told it's very similar to it. With Hines now owning the property, they have changed the name to Hines 500 block.....still a ways to go as they are mostly kicking tires right now.

11th Ave and 4th street eh? I know the lot this one is intended for them. It'll be a winner if it goes forward.

Right, just wanted to get the address sorted. SCB usually churns out some good stuff and I don't mind the Procura iteration, so hopefully there's little to no value engineering in the new design.
Yeah, I like the design too. I hope the retail portion stays the same.

Perhaps the render is a bit abstract, but it sure seems from the buildings in the background that this is on either on the NW corner of 12th Ave & 4th St SW or spanning the alley and stretching from 11th to 12th aves. Couldn't ask for a better location for young, single professionals to live. I'm always a fan of developers that identify the single worst block on a street and replace it with something great. Brings the class average waaay up.

Almost every corner of Central Memorial Park has seen redevelopment/renos since the park was improved.

Last edited:
Perhaps the render is a bit abstract, but it sure seems from the buildings in the background that this is on either on the NW corner of 12th Ave & 4th St SW or spanning the alley and stretching from 11th to 12th aves. Couldn't ask for a better location for young, single professionals to live. I'm always a fan of developers that identify the single worst block on a street and replace it with something great. Brings the class average waaay up.

Almost every corner of Central Memorial Park has seen redevelopment/renos since the park was improved.

It does span the alley and stretches to both avenues. The location is awesome, and if they can have retail on all 3 street sides, that would be awesome. Podium will be 7 floors high. :cool:

Can't wait to see the new render! I hope the podium looks similar to what they have here. A lot of potential and love to see a site truly mixed use.

I'm anxious to see the new render too. If it's similar to the old render I'll be happy, and a seven story podium with retail would be awesome for that block.

I am totally okay with the new design being similar to the one shown. The only thing I don't like on the old design is the way the 4th and 5th floor overhang the street below.

Back